Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tri Bikes with Greatest Pad Reach/X ?? and the role of Crank Length in modern Tri bike fits [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:

TRIPRO wrote:

Although I agree with you we need longer bikes;-)

100% need frames with longer pad reach/x.
- I'd also suggest taller stack seeing just how may spacers are under most pro's and amateurs aerobars nowadays. And, filling in the space between the frame/bento-box and torso could contribute to the bottle-down-the-jersey aero benefit.
- for a frame with a stack/reach of 54cm/42.4cm, suggesting an updated stack/reach of 56cm/48.4cm.
- the bike in the image below has a 78deg sta. look how far forward the saddle is and also how far forward many pro's currently have their saddles.
- update the frame to have an 82deg sta.

Looking more and more at the women last weekend in Kona and men in Nice, most have their saddles slammed forward. Many/most have aerobar systems adjusted to gain significantly further pad reach than their stock bikes allow for.

It seems a lot is being asked of saddles (slamming forward creates a lot of leverage) and aerobars (have to go after market solutions to increase pad reach and extension reach).

I wonder (hope?) we seem frame manufacturers update geometries. I see the update I suggested in my prior post better for amateurs, too.

Longer frame reach would also make the handling better compared to athletes moving their mass further forward over the steering axis.

Almost want a poll of the number of IMWC athletes with seats slammed forward, and using aftermarket solutions to increase pad reach/x.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: Oct 19, 23 12:35
Quote Reply

Prev Next