Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman and pre-race testing for AG? [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stelvio wrote:
hblake wrote:

I am curious, after reading this thread, if the athlete even shows up at the starting line.

I recall a thread here a number of years ago about some out of competition testing at Kona.check-in,. One of those selected 'got sick ' and DNSed and another DNF"d (the speculation was on purpose). It will be interesting to see if this person does either of those options.

There was a third that year that refused testing on the basis that they had a phobia of needles. They spent many tens of thousands bringing a whole family over from Europe (IIRC) but still wouldn't get blood drawn.

As an additional aside, the year I was there an AGer got popped shortly before the race and I recall there was a blank spot on the giant name poster where there name would have been.

As far as Usada/Wada rule go isn't failure to take an in competition yet tantamount to a positive test? I suppose it would depend on the exact timing here and if it could count as one of the "out of competition strikes'.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman and pre-race testing for AG? [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mathematics wrote:
Stelvio wrote:
hblake wrote:

I am curious, after reading this thread, if the athlete even shows up at the starting line.

I recall a thread here a number of years ago about some out of competition testing at Kona.check-in,. One of those selected 'got sick ' and DNSed and another DNF"d (the speculation was that it was an intentional DNF). It will be interesting to see if this person does either of those options.

There was a third that year that refused testing on the basis that they had a phobia of needles. They spent many tens of thousands bringing a whole family over from Europe (IIRC) but still wouldn't get blood drawn.

As an additional aside, the year I was there an AGer got popped shortly before the race and I recall there was a blank spot on the giant name poster where there name would have been.

As far as Usada/Wada rule go isn't failure to take an in competition yet tantamount to a positive test? I suppose it would depend on the exact timing here and if it could count as one of the "out of competition strikes'.

Yes, I believe that is true. Isuspect that they were going with the "I only got this ban because of my phobia not because I cheated" excuse, trying to save face in their circle of friends.
Last edited by: Stelvio: Oct 14, 23 7:22
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman and pre-race testing for AG? [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
hblake wrote:

I won’t reveal who they are, but I will confirm tomorrow morning if they started the race.

Update?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman and pre-race testing for AG? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
hblake wrote:

I won’t reveal who they are, but I will confirm tomorrow morning if they started the race.

Update?

She started. Currently on the bike but is outside the top 20 in her AG. But she’s a bike-runner, so I’m expecting she’ll claw herself into a top finish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is gonna be awesome if Daniela can bridge up to Taylor and then to Lucy after Hawi. Daniela still has a ways to go to bridge that gap. It looks like the camera folks are getting a bit too close to Lucy. Its not Lucy's problem, the motos need to hang behind Lucy....not behind or a bit ahead.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman and pre-race testing for AG? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
It is gonna be awesome if Daniela can bridge up to Taylor and then to Lucy after Hawi. Daniela still has a ways to go to bridge that gap. It looks like the camera folks are getting a bit too close to Lucy. Its not Lucy's problem, the motos need to hang behind Lucy....not behind or a bit ahead.

Wrong thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wondering if its an MX athlete. Horrendous cheating going on down there (ex mexico marathon). At Tecate half, my buddy lost prize money cause winners lied about their age, also people were course cutting and still won prize money , its not much. He didnt say anything to the course cutter, i guess cause to stay safe
Quote Reply

Prev Next