Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Cadex Tri Frame/Bike Builds and Setups [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is mine, custom painted chrome red :-)
Do not 'look' at that extra extension as I wass too lazy to take it off. I did aerotesting with the aerosensor last Sunday and plan to do some more this week so I just left that on the bike.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Last edited by: TRIPRO: Nov 2, 23 14:48
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cadex Tri Frame/Bike Builds and Setups [frozzberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
frozzberg wrote:
TRIPRO wrote:
Yes, I have seen both, a lot, since I'm a fitter and do lots of Canyon's but we also sell Cadex.
To be honest we do a lot of Canyon's for customers send by canyon since they know we are completely honest in our advice.

I'm not going to tell you what you should get or not, just a few differences.

Canyon CFR:
- Max pad width is 20 cm measured center to center, if need more that is not possible.
- Aerobar is integrated and for most 'normal' people not easy to get a different model/shape so you better make sure you like the 'snake tongue' design.
Even with the spacer placed it is a small unit and for most almost impossible to ride it with thumbs on the inside instead of on top of the shifters
- Max tilt at default 12 degrees of aerobar tilt. German company Radsport Ibert makes a tilt kit though if you need more.
- You choose either flat or high rise bar, swapping means new bar.
- Hydration / water reservoir, it sucks (pun intended) it is pretty useless like most integrated systems
- If you need a different crank length you need to buy it seperately and that makes it expensive because the default is also equiped with a PM.

Cadex Tri:
- Pad width fore and aft range is huge.
- Normal 22.2 clamping system so you can decide what extension or cockpit you like. I personally didn't like the wrist position of the default extensions, but it is an easy swap to something else
- Aeobar tilt up to over 20 degrees, default they say up to 15 but I mounted 2 angled spacers on top of eacht other and got to around 23 degrees.
- You can choose all your parts specific to your request and use.
- Spare parts come at default to almost built two bikes, that many parts from derailleur hangers to armpads, spacers, seatpost clamp system, etc. It is there double sometimes even triple, like in extra armpads pillows.
- Hydration system, also sucks.....after some use the valves at the hydration bag will stop functioning. And the valve on top makes you suck, literally you need to suck like a wh...:-)
But I managed to overcome this issue by making my own hydration system with a Platypus 2 liter bag and use that in the frame. No refill option but 2 liters is quite good to carry. The valve is better, the straw has much better flow so overall it needs some work by Giant to fix this. If you join Cadex Tri Bike Owners on FB there I have pictures from how I made this and also already for some customers. It was very easy once figured out.
- Ride quality, it is super stable. I thought at first the 4 spokes would be very wind catchy but it is the contrary. They ride imensly stable. We had pretty much wind over this Sunday and it still amazes me how much more stable this bike feels compared to my previous P5 disc with 80/60 mm DT Swiss wheels.
- Very nice feature is the possibility to quite easy adjust the height of the base bar, depending on the type of race course.
- Packing is easy when you have done it a couple of times
- Another cool feature, I placed a JBL speaker in my nose cone and run a playlist from my phone to the speaker so I have music without having it on or around my ears :-). I can't tell you how nice that is during long rides.

Have good luck with your choice whatever bike that will be.

Jeroen

Wow thanks for such an in-depth feedback post Jeroen, really appreciate it!

Seems like the common theme on both bikes will be the sh*tty hydration resevoir, thanks for sharing your hack on the Cadex tri, ive joined the FB group (and will leave shortly as i dont own a Cadex yet, as per the rules :D) , it is probably somth i will look to explore though im a gel-heavy guy, maybe i can offset this with a gel aero bottle on the seat tube!

Is the spares box such a big headache? I've read that you need a tyre lever or something to yank it out, i understand from a friend that owns it this is his issue too, the cover is darn tough to get open.

On the wheels side of things, my LBS lets me choose between double 4-spoke and 4-spoke front + disc rear, as the difference is only $1000 singapore dollars, im inclined to get the disc config, any idea how does the disc wheel ride?

Coming from a Canyon, hearing that Cadex provides a shit ton of spares is music to my ears indeed. (Ofc more music to come with that nose cone speaker u got there :P)

I think as you can probably tell by now I'm sold by the Cadex, just hope to ask a few more questions as this is a huge purchase! thank you!

Yes, the spares/tool box can be a little pain in the ass. But also a quick solution I made is I cut a crankbrother easier tirelever so it has a open end and it sits now, not in view, exactly in the middle wall of the gelstorage box. Takes up no space at all and super easy to open the tool box unit. Another thing I did was, when I used the initial original extensions, I took that cap to close the extension at the back super glued a half tire lever at it and stuck that into the back of the extension. True, for that money you would have wanted a easier to open toolbox but honestly, you just don't need it that often so for me it was no deal breaker at all. And I didn't knew until I got the first one and we have sold I think 12 now.

And both solution is have now work perfect.

Regarding the Cadex disc, I have it as well in the same decal color as the two 4 spokes. It rides super nice as well. Only, but that might be me, I don't train that often with the disc wheel and mostly use it for races and the week prior to the race to see all works good.
It is already that people are shocked when you pass them with the speaker on, so let alone with the noise that the disc wheel makes. Because, seriously, the Cadex wheels have the loudest ratchets in the world.

To be fair to Giant/Cadex, I have send the small stuff issues like the hydrationsystem and the toolbox thing and they are currently discussing this with the designer people in Taiwan and said they will come with a fix. So it wouldn't surprise me if al owners now would get a slightly different toolbox in the near future.

You can stay member if you want since we will use this as a channel to come up with solutions or info from Cadex.

Jeroen

Last edited by: TRIPRO: Oct 3, 23 6:35
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cadex Tri Frame/Bike Builds and Setups [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does Cadex paint them custom or you had it done?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice, what extensions are those?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cadex Tri Frame/Bike Builds and Setups [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, it is done here in the Netherlands by Unlimited Colors. Great company that also does al lot of work for the Pro Tour teams. They also did Kristian's bike and that bike that Porte is now riding.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: Official Cadex Tri Frame/Bike Builds and Setups [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are from Spanish company Tetsuo tech, not that expensive at 800 euro's. Not cheap, but reasonable priced in the full support aerobar extensions and they fit really well.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Here are some p

can we talk about these premier disc brake wheels?

i had a premier a while ago and went to a P3X and havn't kept up with the brand since. is this a "custom" job?

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cadex Tri Frame/Bike Builds and Setups [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not custom. When ordering you specify rim or disc brake.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:

Yes, the spares/tool box can be a little pain in the ass. But also a quick solution I made is I cut a crankbrother easier tirelever so it has a open end and it sits now, not in view, exactly in the middle wall of the gelstorage box. Takes up no space at all and super easy to open the tool box unit. Another thing I did was, when I used the initial original extensions, I took that cap to close the extension at the back super glued a half tire lever at it and stuck that into the back of the extension. True, for that money you would have wanted a easier to open toolbox but honestly, you just don't need it that often so for me it was no deal breaker at all. And I didn't knew until I got the first one and we have sold I think 12 now.

And both solution is have now work perfect.

Regarding the Cadex disc, I have it as well in the same decal color as the two 4 spokes. It rides super nice as well. Only, but that might be me, I don't train that often with the disc wheel and mostly use it for races and the week prior to the race to see all works good.
It is already that people are shocked when you pass them with the speaker on, so let alone with the noise that the disc wheel makes. Because, seriously, the Cadex wheels have the loudest ratchets in the world.

To be fair to Giant/Cadex, I have send the small stuff issues like the hydrationsystem and the toolbox thing and they are currently discussing this with the designer people in Taiwan and said they will come with a fix. So it wouldn't surprise me if al owners now would get a slightly different toolbox in the near future.

You can stay member if you want since we will use this as a channel to come up with solutions or info from Cadex.

Jeroen

Sounds good, maybe i can explore getting the rear 4-spoke separately (ouch $$) so i can use 4-spoke front and rear for trg and only bring the disc out for race prep + race.

Hope to hear good news regarding the fixes from Giant soon! I have 1 more race in my current bike before i plan to upgrade to the next one.

And thanks for your inputs once again, really appreciate it, will stay in the Cadex group for future updates then (:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beware of sticker shock. Not sure where you live but the wheels are far more expensive in the USA. Both 4-spokes and disc would be $8,500 before taxes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Beware of sticker shock. Not sure where you live but the wheels are far more expensive in the USA. Both 4-spokes and disc would be $8,500 before taxes.
That's crazy, here in singapore the 4-spoke front rear combo is 3,800usd after 8% taxes

For the 4 spoke front rear disc it's slightly over 4,200usd haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4-spoke front and disc rear in the USA is $5,800.

I love bling and cool shit. But $5,000 to $5,800 for a wheelset is twice what I’m willing to pay.

My Premier Tactical set was $1,400.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that you've mentioned premier tact i might give that a look if im going for the frameset option, just hope the shipping across the world won't cost a bomb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Premeir makes disc brake wheels? But still no disc brake bike right?

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And a few others we built :-)

Quote Reply
Re: Official Cadex Tri Frame/Bike Builds and Setups [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m not doing a disc brake bike yet.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
- Hydration system, also sucks.....after some use the valves at the hydration bag will stop functioning. And the valve on top makes you suck, literally you need to suck like a wh...:-) .....

Out of interest, why aren't more companies just doing something similar to Ventum - use an integrated real bottle, with an easy to open/fill lid?? Ventum's obviously sits on the shaped top tube, but any reason why one couldn't be made to fit in the frame, maybe with a bento box attached to the top and the whole unit just lifts out? Thought everyone would have learned long ago that the bladders are not easy to use after Specialized tried years ago....
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cadex Tri Frame/Bike Builds and Setups [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it would have to be deeper than it is long to ensure you're not sucking air half the time.

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Picking my cadex up next weekend, replacing a very well sorted trinity.

Hoping it’s a clear step forward in speed / comfort / adjustability and practicality (travel, nutrition etc)!

Anyone have any experience how transferable the fit is from a trinity to the cadex?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cadex Tri Frame/Bike Builds and Setups [Nicco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s the question you should have asked before buying the Cadex isn’t it? ;-).

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha!

I’m fairly confident from having a good look around a friends bike who rides a very similar position (and also had a trinity previously) that it will be ok for replicating my fit.

I tend to ride a size larger to get good reach than most would recommend but the cadex looks like it will be similar.

I’ll be taking it to Mr Bottrill to make sure though…..

Certainly hope it’s a ‘given’ that it’s faster!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you guys paint the Ferrari & green themed bikes in-house? If not, May I know where?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cadex Tri Frame/Bike Builds and Setups [acecard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was answered many posts ago when I asked.

No, it is done here in the Netherlands by Unlimited Colors. Great company that also does al lot of work for the Pro Tour teams. They also did Kristian's bike and that bike that Porte is now riding.
Quote Reply

Prev Next