Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Super League 2023 [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not agree, wtcs montreal was done entirely with static camera and helicopter. Slt has even a smaller corse. Moto should always be in the back not in front. Worst when the road was large, they could have placed the moto on the side. It’s a huge advantage.
Quote Reply
Re: Super League 2023 [alex_emetique] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then you should have no motos, you can't put motos behind the lead pack because the gaps are basically too tight etc, so if it worked in Montreal, fair enough. I just think it's the cost of doing business to produce camera shots, etc. Between the front group and the 1st chase group (7s) and the 2nd chase group (30s), it's too small of gaps to fit motos in there. So you'd basically have to do it from stattic cameras + drones (which they had).

(not using moto's isn't the norm in WTCS events, they still use motos at almost every event, minus the Montreal you mention).
Hamburg '23 which was a super sprint utilized motos both in front and behind riders.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Aug 27, 23 19:42
Quote Reply
Re: Super League 2023 [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It needs to become the norm. Between you and me, every time I see a wtcs in real life, I always though that I really feel the race when I watch athletes passed on after one, I can see the expression in their faces, the form etc… and understand the gaps.

world triathlon was really aware how moto can affect the races. And they are doing it wrong again. Even more considering that the front pack has the moto in front, and the chase pack at the back.

Yes, we can have motos but then the course needs to be designed to limit the interferences and accept to not film when its not large enough.
Quote Reply
Re: Super League 2023 [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not reading through the thread, to avoid spoilers, but can't get the replay to play on Triathlon Live and there's no trace of this on Superleague YouTube channel.

Is there a reason for this and can anyone supply me a link to the full replay please?
Last edited by: Jackets: Aug 28, 23 0:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's on triathlon live now
Just took them time to put the replay up
Quote Reply
Re: Super League 2023 [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great post.

Not sure about the team aspect. They tried to make it easier to understand by creating a “UK” and “USA” team. This works for me, in that my interest in the team rivalry increased from 0/10 to maybe 3/10, but it doesn’t really work in terms of “fairness” or intensity of the team competition. They might as well grant the British women the top award today.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply

Prev Next