Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Super League 2023
Quote | Reply
....and now for something completely different, it's Super League time!!

Starts in four hours.

Quote Reply
Re: Super League 2023 [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think there's two threads on this already which I've been searching for the last 10mins that are not coming up, is this the USA vs GB team race??

Looking forward to showing the US of A who rules the Triathlon waves 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
Quote Reply
Re: Super League 2023 [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah,I couldn't find the threads so started a new one as it is only a few hours away..
Happy to delete this one is the other one pops up.
Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Aug 27, 23 2:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m very interested to see how/ if the US men grow over the course of the series. There are definitely some young talents on that team. Especially curious to see if Reese Vannerson gets to run with the big boys.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Super League 2023 [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tuned in and 1 team is going all team time trial w/ 2 americans hanging on for hope here mid thrrough the 1st bike leg. They are doing 3 super sprint tris back to back.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
here:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...some_names_P7962854/

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: Super League 2023 [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOVE the fast flying drone coverage of the group riding through T areas.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Super League 2023 [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go get your olympic spot TS with showcasing your MTR ability here as usual. Good for her! (I know no olympic spots are available).

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Super League 2023 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a run by Lehair. Helped that she sat behind Potter and Waugh on the bike to catch Spivey and Coldwell.

Not a fan of the dead turns on the bike in such a tight course. The moto seem to be too close at the front.

I'm still not convinced about the team concept. The British team will obviously runaway the women's competition.
Quote Reply
Re: Super League 2023 [runningeconomy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm back and forth paying attention. What exactly will the team standings/points do? Is it part of the prize purse end of year?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
runningeconomy wrote:
What a run by Lehair. Helped that she sat behind Potter and Waugh on the bike to catch Spivey and Coldwell.

Not a fan of the dead turns on the bike in such a tight course. The moto seem to be too close at the front.

I'm still not convinced about the team concept. The British team will obviously runaway the women's competition.
I love watching this full-gas racing and am a happy boy that YouTube has opened access for Super League this year.
Like you,I also have not warmed up to the team concept but it is what it is. I often watch replays of the first couple of seasons and preferred that format.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is from the website:

Quote:
In 2023, all athlete points accumulated via the Individual and Discipline Leaderboards will count towards the Teams Leaderboard. The 2023 Championship Series boasts a total prize pool of $1.24 million, with Teams enjoying a prize pot of $300,000, which helps to ensure the development of young athletes who are in the earlier stages of their careers and not yet earning significant prize money through individual racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thx

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Super League 2023 [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of US guys....Seth Rider needs to get some things figured out it seems. He's 27s down on 1st leg of SLT swim.....that's just going to open the door for McDowell when he comes back.

Of course this may giver incentive for Rider to "chase points" and get into top 30 and US get 3rd male spot.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Super League 2023 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Brownlee fails to find form for Paris, Stapley is doing a good job auditioning for the other relay spot. He'd be a good domestique for Yee as well in the individual race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give Yee a ton of credit in his career development. The guy isn't content of "sitting in" and waiting for the run. He's not afraid to put his nose in the wind at the front of races.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why is Yee wearing 2 trisuits?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probaly cus the team suits that they are required to wear may not fit well, etc.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought this today as well. Stanley does not (yet) have the run which is required to be competitive in the individual race, but if he can provide feet for Yee in the swim, and a wheel to sit on if he needs towed back up to a French breakaway, there’s a good case for his selection.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just finished watching, and if there was any doubt that Taylor Spivey should be on that MTR team, well there shouldn't be. She said she almost didnt start the race, got an ankle injury after Paris I guess and hasn't been able to run since. But she is just tough, races sick a lot of the times, injured, but always performs well beyond expectations.

And if there was any doubt about Rapp, well the doubt is still there. Katie had a rough time, but built into each leg and managed to get into that top 10. Potter needs to learn pacing, going off the front of the first run where there is absolutely no benefit, came back to bit her in the last run. Lehair was dangling the entire day, but had the best legs in the end and ran a 3;02 last k to demolish the leaders.

Sophie is back in her element and seems to be feeling a lot better than she did at Paris, I think the pressure of that race just crushes a lot of the ladies, and these lower key races that can perform to potential.

Stapely reminds me of Hauser a couple years ago, and for sure he is going to figure in the mix given another year to get his run up to par. Yee is untouchable, and really stoked that he has brought his swim up to lead pack potential. Johnny has some of the womens disease, putting it all together in training, but choking in the big race. But this showed he does have his old form, so perhaps will give him confidence going forward.

Glad to see Seth in these races, this is the experience and drubbing's he needs to get ready for that MTR. But as I surmised a month ago, McQueen is closing that gap, and he is also going to be a great MTR racer once he can get some confidence in these super sprints. Sounds like something happened in the first swim to both those guys, interested to hear what that might have been..

Overall super exciting, watched every second. Unlike the race last nite for the WC, which really turned out to be a bore fest, and fell asleep after the bike...

The team aspect here is ok, certainly worth it for the athletes in that $120k goes to the winning team. This is a really great payday for a lot of athletes, and not just the A level ones, and a super breeding ground for some of the next generation of great ITU athletes..I give it an A-, mostly for the Moto getting in the way too often. Really hurts those athletes on that 90 second bubble when the leader is getting pulled along..
Quote Reply
Re: Super League 2023 [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair about the motos, these are courses built with likely less than 200m of any straight sections at any point on the course of what 8 turns over a few km. I mean at some point when we want kick ass coverage, we kinda have to "accept" the moto issues are going to simply be there. Especially in this type of urban type of courses.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Aug 27, 23 10:50
Quote Reply
Re: Super League 2023 [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Just finished watching, and if there was any doubt that Taylor Spivey should be on that MTR team, well there shouldn't be. She said she almost didnt start the race, got an ankle injury after Paris I guess and hasn't been able to run since. But she is just tough, races sick a lot of the times, injured, but always performs well beyond expectations.

Agree 100%. Perhaps the most consistent female athlete out there. At the risk of tempting fate she isn’t ever going to let Team USA down if picked. Sincerely hope she gets picked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh I agree with the Moto needing to be around at some points, they just need to get a little more strategic about when and where. It really doesn't hurt the chasing group that much as you say, it is a tight and technical course. But it does affect the very back of the race, pulling the lone leader closer to that 90 second cutoff point.

I did see that they got out of the way on the dead 180 turn, and must have come back to the course somewhere else, so it is possible. In the end though, would be really nice if they could use a drone for a lot of those tricky shots, or helicopter with a good zoom. Great racing though, full gas from the start, with all those little point primes we dont even know about. First across the lines, fastest laps in each event, wish they could talk about those more with the actual time splits, instead of figuring it all out after the race.

It would just give some context to why some are seemingly going crazy as some points in the race..
Quote Reply
Re: Super League 2023 [Joss1965] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just let the AQ events play out, and she'll be picked. Her only real worry is if others AQ, but that is going to be very hard imo from say Rapp or Kssper. I would think the team will be Taylors x 2 + KZ

The issue going into Tokyo was that essentially 2 AQ's happened from US gals that weren't even part of the top 2. Rapp and Knibb basically won AQ spots on flyer race results. Thus it meant 1 "A" gal was going to be left out between Spivey or KZ.

I dont see anyone being able to AQ from who is left.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Aug 27, 23 11:13
Quote Reply

Prev Next