Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
perfect way for the championships to end.

And the question remains. where were you.
Quote Reply
Re: World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great race and Femke redeeming her mixed 4x4 collapse is a nice story, but let's be real. The Jamaica anchor carrying a grand piano on her back for the last 100 was the cause of that dramatic come from behind victory far more than Femke pulling out something phenomenal.
Quote Reply
Re: World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having the composure to measure your effort perfectly, which is exactly what the Jamaican athlete didn’t do, only days after a humiliating failure over the same distance in the same champs? I’m calling that phenomenal.
Quote Reply
Re: World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i saw 48.8 as a split time - which seems about right considering she took over at about 2:32, so pretty fast even for a relay split. i know what you mean though - Bol takes about10m out of Williams, Yeargin and Konrad, which most would have expected her to be capable of (even a little bit more), but does it all in the last 100m.

And the question remains. where were you.
Quote Reply
Re: World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest [MP1664] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She wasn't even the fastest split on her own team. She was same split as Alexis Holmes (who?!?) split for US in 4x4 mixed. She was a full second slower than Sidney McGlaughlin's anchor split last year for the US win. Really the only thing that made her anchor leg remarkable was the total collapse of those around her in the final 50.

Anyway, I found the Worlds enjoyable to watch. Lots of excellent competition. And nice to not have the Russians there putting a cloud of suspicion over everything.
Quote Reply

Prev Next