Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest
Quote | Reply
August 19 to 27.

Start to walks postponed by 2 hours due to impending storm.

Excited with live free-to-air coverage here in Aus.
Quote Reply
Re: World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest [satanellus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
satanellus wrote:
August 19 to 27.

What channel? Looking forward to the 100/200 and 1500.
Quote Reply
Re: World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
satanellus wrote:
August 19 to 27.

What channel? Looking forward to the 100/200 and 1500.

SBS channel 31.

Women's 10000 metres final tonight. I'm setting my alarm for that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was watching some of day 1 morning session on the Peacock streaming service in the US. Love track and field but no-one should be subjected to Atto Bolden's BS for 9 days so will be desperately searching out world-feed broadcasts. Hopefully i can find Crammy, Hannah England or some other commentators who don't spout patronizing crap for hours on end. I'd take whoever you have in Australia.

And the question remains. where were you.
Quote Reply
Re: World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crammy’s on the BBC coverage. Could you watch that with a VPN?
Quote Reply
Re: World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest [MP1664] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think about getting a VPN about once a week, then procrastinate until the reason for needing one is over. Just have to follow through with it this weekend.

i see the reports of some not doing very well at accessing the BBC iplayer or GCN plus when using UK server locations...but i suspect it is a case of the vast majority who got the access they wanted not posting anything and those that didn't dominating the messaging.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1/2 for Lyles, even with a horrible start! Should be easy over 200.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
satanellus wrote:

NED Women having gravity problems

Nikki Hiltz 🏳️‍⚧️ 3rd in their 1500M heat, but didn't make the Final

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
1/2 for Lyles, even with a horrible start! Should be easy over 200.
. Yeah bigger question is can he break Bolt’s record.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he bettered his 100m PB by .2, and only needs to find .12 to match Bolt's 200m record?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Aug 21, 23 4:34
Quote Reply
Re: World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He improved his 100m PB from 9.86 to 9.83 (so 0.03). But he is (even) better at 200m, so that can be a very interesting race against Bolts WR.
Quote Reply
Re: World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
satanellus wrote:

NED Women having gravity problems

Nikki Hiltz 🏳️‍⚧️ 3rd in their 1500M heat, but didn't make the Final

11th and last finisher in the semi though. (4:00.8 is ridiculous for 11th in a semi final). That second semi was nuts. Three athletes broke 4 minutes but didn't qualify for the final.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone been watching?

Day 4 was so compelling.

19 year old Agate Caune of Lativa taking on the field in her heat of 5000m was as entertaining as it was audacious.

Moon vs Kennedy in the pole vault.

Olympic 1500 metre champion Ingebrigtsen running for redemption after being pipped by Wightman in Eugene, only for Wightman's clubmate Kerr to take gold.

Paulino (women's 400m) and Warholm's (men 400 hurdles) dominance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Biggest thing so far, the 2 golf cars crashing.
How can the only 2 cars in a giant area collide? Almost causing DNS for the 200m mens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
satanellus wrote:
Olympic 1500 metre champion Ingebrigtsen running for redemption after being pipped by Wightman in Eugene, only for Wightman's clubmate Kerr to take gold.

I guess that was karma doing its job for the arrogance he showed in the semis.
Quote Reply
Re: World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
Biggest thing so far, the 2 golf cars crashing.
How can the only 2 cars in a giant area collide? Almost causing DNS for the 200m mens.

Surpassed by Leandro Ramos' javelin throw in the decathlon.

The golf cart crash will be largely forgotten by the end of the meet. Not so Ramos!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Track and Field/Athletics is probably the only sport where i can watch every heat or qualifying in every event and enjoy it.

i'm a huge skeptic though when it comes to performances. I've voiced my skepticism before and had responses supporting the athletes, particularly talented young Americans (how good they were at a young age). However, the history of coaches like Lance Brauman, Dennis Mitchell, and Bobby Kersee means anyone who makes a decision to join their group does so knowing their history and the doping baggage that goes with it, and should accept that their performances will be questioned.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rich_m wrote:
Track and Field/Athletics is probably the only sport where i can watch every heat or qualifying in every event and enjoy it.

i'm a huge skeptic though when it comes to performances. I've voiced my skepticism before and had responses supporting the athletes, particularly talented young Americans (how good they were at a young age). However, the history of coaches like Lance Brauman, Dennis Mitchell, and Bobby Kersee means anyone who makes a decision to join their group does so knowing their history and the doping baggage that goes with it, and should accept that their performances will be questioned.

Pretty sure your post violates the board rules for accusing people of either taking her administrating or knowing about PED’s
Quote Reply
Re: World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, because he is not mentioning anybody in particular, nor is he making a clear accusation. He just says their performance will be questioned.
Quote Reply
Re: World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Women's marathon underway. Warm and humid. They're just crossing the Danube to Buda on the first of four laps, so a few hills on that side of the river. Expect some carnage later a la Tokyo and LA Olympics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just finished. After Doha and Eugene i thought the championships in Budapest just seemed a much bigger, global sporting event. Some of that may be because it is the first i have watched on the BBC for a couple of decades, and they do a great job; but the stadium, and atmosphere were awesome. The crowd seemed to be real fans of the sport and not just there to see athletes from their own country.

Exciting stuff today , especially the men's 5000m and women's 800m finals. Worth watching.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The broadcast on BBC was fantastic - best I’ve seen in a long time. They have a great mix of commentators now, meaning everyone knows a decent amount about the technical aspects of the events they’re commentating on - I’m sure I even heard Dan O’Brien commentating on the decathlon pole vault.
Quote Reply
Re: World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest [MP1664] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MP1664 wrote:
The broadcast on BBC was fantastic - best I’ve seen in a long time. They have a great mix of commentators now, meaning everyone knows a decent amount about the technical aspects of the events they’re commentating on - I’m sure I even heard Dan O’Brien commentating on the decathlon pole vault.
Femke Bol! Wow!
Quote Reply
Re: World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really strong, particularly mentally to run the final leg that well after her mishap in the mixed relay at the start of the champs.
Quote Reply
Re: World Athletics Championships 2023 Budapest [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was one of the most exciting/best track races I’ve seen in a long time. Here’s a link to replay
Quote Reply

Prev Next