Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New rim brake Tri bikes in 2023 [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Given the cost of mainstream superbike framesets these days, you can also consider a custom bike for not much more. Take a look at the Wittson Ventu, for example.

Damn, thats a lot of money for a frameset that is essentially a litespeed blade type of frame with no integrated storage, hydration, etc. !
Quote Reply
Re: New rim brake Tri bikes in 2023 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What’s the latest here? Are there any bike makers that seem committed to staying in stock on rim brake tri bikes for the next couple of years? It’ seems crazy how fast rim brake bikes have been discontinued like the fax machine.
Quote Reply
Re: New rim brake Tri bikes in 2023 [tedtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in the same situation here, I have a lot of rim brake wheelsets, and my road bikes are rim brakes also,
I feel absolutely no need to go with a disc brake bike,

My local bike shop said they can order me a Trek Speed Concept frameset brand new for rim brakes still, its a touch of out my price range at the moment, but i most likely will end up going that direction over the winter,

he also mentioned that Argon is still making rim brake bikes, but you have to buy the complete bike, the frameset by itself is not available
Quote Reply
Re: New rim brake Tri bikes in 2023 [cbellamore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like my rim brake shiv till I have to stop in the rain. I am probably going to go the disk route but want something that can run 30mm tires
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cbellamore wrote:
I am in the same situation here, I have a lot of rim brake wheelsets, and my road bikes are rim brakes also,
I feel absolutely no need to go with a disc brake bike,

My local bike shop said they can order me a Trek Speed Concept frameset brand new for rim brakes still, its a touch of out my price range at the moment, but i most likely will end up going that direction over the winter,

he also mentioned that Argon is still making rim brake bikes, but you have to buy the complete bike, the frameset by itself is not available

2021 was the last year Trek made a rim braked SC. Where are they getting the frame from? If they're charging you anywhere close to sticker price you're getting robbed.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

You probably don't want to sleep too long on that... I can't imagine those will be available much longer, my understanding is they've been out of production for a while.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next