Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Florida Challenge vs Clash Miami [dre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dre wrote:
jwmott wrote:
Sounds like a great event! Too bad there is no professional race this year (that's why I had trouble finding pro races info when I was looking the other day!). I hope you are able to bring it back. Milwaukee with USAT Nationals and the PTO race was a pretty sweet weekend for a triathlon fan.

I assume you are eagerly awaiting the PTO/World Triathlon schedule details in October? Seems like this would be the US qualifier for the age group world championship PTO race (presumably in Townsville). I'd expect that to create increased interest in the race after it is officially announced.

Any plans to expand to the Midwest or West? I don't even know if the venues exist, but I'd do one of these if it was closer.

Clash Endurance Daytona this December is the 2023 USAT Long Course National Championship. As such, we have slots available for the 2024 Multisport World Championships in Townsville, Australia https://townsville.triathlon.org/

Writing on the wall / crystal ball would say that it is highly likely that would be a 2024 World Triathlon/PTO event. Hope to see you at the races!

Will the roads be closed to traffic for the bike section that is not on track?
I did this race 2 years ago and it is fantastic, but I would never do it again if the roads are not closed, way too risky.
Quote Reply
Re: Florida Challenge vs Clash Miami [DoronG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We deploy over 6,000 36" reflective collar cones at ~10lbs each, dropped every white hash or 30ft. Bikes have a dedicated lane (median lane) and vehicles flow in the outside/curb lane. We also have over 120 law enforcement and traffic control personnel. We invest heavily in athlete safety. The one bummer is the aid station is left sided, but that one double sided location is hit four times at miles 20, 30, 40, 50. It is a 2 lap section. 11 miles out, 11 back on the other side of the median. Done twice, that makes up 44 of the miles through the Tiger Bay State Forest.

-Dre
RD at Clash Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: Florida Challenge vs Clash Miami [dre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about a race on Daytona beach?

I’ve always wondered why no company ever did a race entirely on the beach you could easily use gravel bikes, swim in the ocean and run on the beach

Simple down and back for the bike and the run portions

Completely closed to traffic very safe probably only need a couple police officers seems like a low cost way to put on the triathlon but I must be missing something or someone else would’ve done it years ago
Quote Reply

Prev Next