Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2023 Bike Prices [jn46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't see many discounts on TT bikes and I have been shopping UK and Europe wide. Might have an option for a healthy discount on a P5 so let's see.

Also been looking at an XC hardtail for the winter, but prices on the models I want are not coming down so much, although there are good discounts out there.
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Bike Prices [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianmo80 wrote:
I know we have a few industry experts in here, and I am just wondering when people consider the best time to buy a new bike. Reading around the various media sources there seems to be some concern regarding an eventual oversupply in 2023, if it is not there already.

There is one thing you can count on. Prices may not go up but...............they are not going to go down.
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Bike Prices [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
whatever i look for either seems to be not available in any size or color so i couldn't buy it even if i was ready to; or every size, variation and color available online, including the old 2022 models, so looking like they are overstocked and i should wait for an end of season sale.

And the question remains. where were you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like Decathlon is trying to disrupt the market with their RCR pro at EUR5500. I've been very impressed with their product development and store brand(s) over the past couple of years so definitely considering going that route.
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Bike Prices [CaliB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have a TT bike out soon that looks very well specced and is very good looking.

Not sure how it stacks up aero, performance and weight wise but it definitely looks the part. Probably end up being a good price too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have developed their new bikes with Onera which is the French aerospace lab and one of the main wind tunnels in Europe (they do the testing for the French missiles, aircrafts, etc. and happens to have a wind tunnel in Lille where decathlon is headquartered). It seems pretty legit and not just a rebranded open mold. On a podcast the host who used to work in the bike industry also mentioned they use the same manufacture(s) (I assume in China) as the top brands and he specifically mentioned Canyon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gets more interesting then if it’s been legitimately aero optimised from the start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a pity that they have refused to pull out of Russia, and their sister company (a supermarket chain) in Russia organized an initiative to support the troops a the front. I only buy at Decathlon when I have no other options. My spending there dropped 95% last year.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Bike Prices [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's disappointing. I buy some stuff from Decathlon, but not anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CaliB wrote:
On a podcast the host who used to work in the bike industry also mentioned they use the same manufacture(s) (I assume in China) as the top brands and he specifically mentioned Canyon.

This is not as straight cut as you might think. Most brands use multiple suppliers and many of these suppliers have multiple manufacturing facilities spread across Asia. If your top frame comes from the same factory as [insert brand]'s budget frames, it's not much of a compliment. Maybe that's the reason he didn't specify (or hint at) which factory it is.
Quote Reply

Prev Next