Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: recommendation request for a good daily ridden tire for zipp 303s wheels [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW: I don't use Orange's sealant, but other manufacturers make sealants designed for tubes. Slime is one that has different products for tubeless vs tubes.
Quote Reply
Re: recommendation request for a good daily ridden tire for zipp 303s wheels [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very good to know!

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: recommendation request for a good daily ridden tire for zipp 303s wheels [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on tubeless, and I felt the same as you. I was waiting to post today cuz I had a long ride planned this morning and assume that I was going to puncture due to my brazen post here.

Happy to say that I am still happily non-flatting with my GP5000s. I run tubeless. Agreed that when I ran clinchers with tubes I'd get a lot of flats as a 210lbs fella'. Move to tubeless has been magical.
Quote Reply
Re: recommendation request for a good daily ridden tire for zipp 303s wheels [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrAlexHarrison wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:
I get about a season of wear out of the GP5000s and I tend to run over something like a nail or have some other catastrophic failure before the tire actually wears out. If you can find them in stock, I would just keep using them because they are such great all around tires.

i guess i should quantify my reference to durability not being longevity, but a more better ability to stave off that catastrophic event youre talking about.

Much to the chagrin of people who enjoy a nice ride feel, my wife and I use conti gatorskins and gator hardshells (whatever's on sale) year round on our road bikes. Just got tired of the flat frequency on GP5000's. IME, flat frequency more than doubled when we moved from GP4000s to GP5000s. Could also be that our mileage doubled in that time frame, but the ride interruption became too much.

FWIW, I also ran a Vittoria Rubino Control for the life of the tire (~4000 miles) and never flatted until the very end when I decided the tire was through it's lifespan. Still moved to Gators.

Here's a link I often share with clients:

What I do for tires, discussed on SlowTwitch

Wish I lived where you live. I run Gatorskin Hardshells and they do nothing against goathead thorns. Flatted 17 times last year (when tire was new) and this season, already flatted 6 times (5 goatheads, 1 glass).
Quote Reply
Re: recommendation request for a good daily ridden tire for zipp 303s wheels [justkeepedaling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you west of Boise somewhere? There's an area out there where I experienced the same. Loved the area. Couldn't live there for the sole reason of goatheads!

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply

Prev Next