Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM CHOO roll call [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i also require a kitchen and have been fortunate for all my trips to Chattanooga.

i do not have the gps files... the facebook group noted is always kidding about the swim being cancelled :)
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [deantrives] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the record, Ive cancelled the swim one time in nine years, and that was due to major flooding. The hard edge, where we exit the water, was two feet under water and the the amount of debris in the water was crazy. The rest of the years we have had great swims.
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [endurathonrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ya, I was there that year.... I find it odd the FB group is always joking about it...
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [deantrives] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m in. Looking forward to it. Haven’t raced there since 2015.

Quote | Reply
haha yea after reading the group a bit I realized that the swim cancellation thing was a running joke.
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [endurathonrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look forward to the race next week - did the 70.3 a couple years ago and really enjoyed it.

A couple quick questions - will this will be non-wetsuit (my assumption)?

And is the participant list posted anywhere?
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The river "sits" around that wetsuit, non wetsuit temperature so its really hard to know.

Last year it was wetsuit, i dont remember the exact temperature but it was perfect. And i swam about 20 minutes faster than I would at a non current swim. So even if you arent a "fast" swimmer, the current makes it much easier.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any locals have insight as to current/temp in the river?
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [TriathlonJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here in chatty!

Is all the parking everyone is talking about paid parking lots? There is a bunch of lots around but doing a quick drive only found ones that are paid parking.

Also, any place I can find the water temp info? Want to know if I should do my practice swim in my wetsuit or swimskin.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Parking is so cheap in Chattanooga. I once got a parking ticket there for 11 dollars. Just park in the garage off broad and 3rd street

Reports on the water is that it’s looking like a swim skin swim this year. 78 was this morning.
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [TriathlonJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome, thanks! Yea the parking doesn't seem unreasonable but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Yea at check-in I heard the river isn't running as quickly as usual since they have received rain in a while. Will be interesting to see what swim times are like with non-wetsuit and a slower current.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depending on how fast you swim… you’ll swim faster than a normal ironman. Id say you’d be somewhere between a 1:20 per hinder and 1:30 per hundred swimmer
Last edited by: TriathlonJoe: Sep 21, 23 16:15
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brandes wrote:
I'm in! Can't wait!

I’ll be tracking you.
Quote Reply

Prev Next