Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM CHOO roll call
Quote | Reply
Hey folks, in four Sundays we’ll be jumping into the Tennessee river…. Who’s with me? Who’s betting the weather is sauna like? Who’s betting covid doesn’t derail this race?
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [deantrives] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in.

I doubt the race gets canceled, not so sure about the weather being pleasant though. Oh well, can't worry about what you can't control. See you out there.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in.

I train in sauna like temps every day.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long time listener, first time caller ready for Ironman numero uno over here. I did the 70.3 back in 2017 for my first half distance and am pretty excited to come back. Had a great time and really enjoyed downtown.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in. First full distance race. Kind of hoping for a strong downstream current that day! 😂
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [mowilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In! This crazy year Chatty is my B race, with St George taking the A slot. Fly back from St George to Tampa on Sunday evening, then pile my wife and kids into the truck to tow our travel trailer up on Wednesday. Staying at a campground on the bike leg, with a buddy who CampBnB’d a trailer and bringing his fam too.

Luckily race day conditions are out of my control, so I’m staying focused on controlling the controllables and running and biking at lunchtime in Tampa FL.

Get after it!

Travis
Last edited by: mrfreeze: Aug 29, 21 18:39
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [mrfreeze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
let's get after it indeed folks! i've booked my flights into ATL, have my VRBO set-up, and will rent a car shortly... pretty excited to get back to the Ironman distance !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there. Recovering from IMMD the week before. Or training for Waco a month later; however you want to call it.
Hoping for less than 100 degrees and 100% humidity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I deferred to 2022 because of a nagging foot injury but I'll be catching at the finish line from 8-midnight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in.

Doing St. George one week earlier as a "C" race, with the goal of getting lapped by all the pros and collecting my finisher medal in just enough time to make my 5:15PM flight out of town.

Literally thinking of setting Garmin alarms to yell at me if I get caught up in things and start outputting too much power or running too fast.

CHATT is the "A" race. A little bummed about the 26 slot situation. I deferred into CHATT out of Lake Placid on the basis that had I gotten lucky, that Boston Marathon and Kona were on the same weekend this year.

I've been doing sauna sitting in prep for the heat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in, its my first try at the distance, here's hoping that the hot summer training really pays off! If anyone has some pro tips for their first time I'd love to hear them!
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [mrfreeze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrfreeze wrote:
In! This crazy year Chatty is my B race, with St George taking the A slot. Fly back from St George to Tampa on Sunday evening, then pile my wife and kids into the truck to tow our travel trailer up on Wednesday. Staying at a campground on the bike leg, with a buddy who CampBnB’d a trailer and bringing his fam too.

Luckily race day conditions are out of my control, so I’m staying focused on controlling the controllables and running and biking at lunchtime in Tampa FL.

Get after it!

Travis

It's the same for me: IMCHOO is B race and St. George is A. Back to back weekends of racing to end a pretty memorable triathlon season :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be playing sherpa and cheer squad shuttle while my wife races

Any fun spectating spots on the bike course? Before we moved, we would head to to IMMOO and park it in Midtown hill for a lot of the day - it was always a party. Anything like that here in chatt?

Or is it just a bad spectating course? Tips appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [ADabs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
from my experience on this course (3x70.3 and 1xIM) as an athlete, there is great spectating on the run course, not much at all on the bike...
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [ADabs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can go to Chickamauga and spectate the bike. It's a smaller town 10-15 miles away from Chattanooga.around miles 51&100 and can be accessed without having to drive on a race course.My only request is to check your route down. The course is open to cars and as someone who has done the 70.3 & full around 8 times total and racing this year, I feel like every year there are cars impeding the bike traffic. I doubt most are spectators, but I can see how you could get stuck in the race if you just followed waze.
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
I train in sauna like temps every day.

Me too and I still have PTSD from Chattanooga 2019
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for IM #3 (first time at CHOO) with a friend who is tackling her first. We've been training in the hot, smokey heat of CA, so we'll see how that translates to humidity.

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [TriSpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in East Tennessee and I can tell you that I would be shocked if this race gets cancelled unless Ironman decides to themselves or the medical infrastructure is so strained that it forces it. With the current local political attitude you would think we all literally dreamed a pandemic and things are business as usual. Numbers are very definitively on the rise, but there is zero conversation about closings, restrictions, or mandates at the moment. If you want to race, you're going to get the chance in 3 weeks in Chattanooga.
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [westandrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, where did you read that it only has 26 Kona slots? I heard it mentioned a couple of time on slow twitch but can't seem to find it on the Ironman site, thanks
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [markahiggins1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [westandrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here.

First IM. Woefully underprepared. Praying to all the Gods for a cooler day but my obsessive weather watching has not been encouraging.
Our summer hasn't been warm at all.
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [sonadortris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome! you're going to show up, put in an honest effort and enjoy the day!

my first was 2014 IM Louisville, back when it was in late august - that day the humidex was reported at 104 deg's; and run course carnage was crazy to witness.

if CHOO is hot (like it was in 2018 when i did it), adjust any expectations accordingly and really try and enjoy the awesomeness that is an IM event... not only do we get to do these things, we pay to do them - might as well do everything we can to enjoy....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in, The heat took me out of CDA so I am looking for redemption!
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [kennethb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 weeks to go and our first glimpse at the forecasted temps look promising
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO roll call [awobabobob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, so far the mornings have been nice and cool. Temps in the mid 50s to low 60s. If this continues, should make for an excellent race day experience.
Quote Reply

Prev Next