Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Justify the cost? [Raw Vegan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raw Vegan wrote:

Why would you sell your Pinarello? It's not like anyone knows it's an expensive bike other than avid cyclists, which is a very small segment of the population.

Probably true in most places, but doesn't seem to be that small of a segment where I live. I'm in a country with nation-wide bike infrastructure and Pinarellos are common in the wealthier areas. So when I ride along any of the main cycling routes, I get occasional looks and comments even in small poorer towns.

Maybe I'm just overly sensitive. I also felt guilty when I was in my early 20's stopping for food in rural Illinois on road trips in my new $30k sports car. It felt normal in the suburban bubble but not so elsewhere.

Not saying it's right or wrong to have "nice" things. I'm just getting over it to some degree and prefer to keep it low key.
Quote Reply
Re: Justify the cost? [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:

Maybe I'm just overly sensitive. I also felt guilty when I was in my early 20's stopping for food in rural Illinois on road trips in my new $30k sports car. It felt normal in the suburban bubble but not so elsewhere.

Was it a ‘71 Hemi Cuda convertible? If so, I hope you still have it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next