Prev Next
Re: Daniela Ryf Interview [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
WHITEJM74 wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
macgoldie wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Not sure why the title of the article is about her sexuality.
For anyone who has followed her closely, it was fairly obvious.

What do you mean it was obvious? I’ve been following her career and have watched some interviews and for me her sexuality wasn’t obvious;)

Maybe I have a good "gaydar".

You might want to get your "gaydar" fixed. She never said she was gay. She even said she's not sure what it's called to be able to love the person, regardless of it being male or female.

I didn't say she was gay either.
I just always perceived Daniela as neither a 0 or 6 on the Kinsey scale.
The English word she might have been looking for in the BWB interview is pansexual, but she didn't want to label it so that's cool too.

Sorry for provoking the discussion, I was just curious what you’d meant.

It doesn’t matter who Daniela loves, whether she will have a girfriend or boyfriend in the future. Hopefully, she will find her soulmate she deserves.
It was just a refreshing change to get to know sth about her that is called private.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf Interview [WHITEJM74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WHITEJM74 wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
macgoldie wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:

What do you mean it was obvious? I’ve been following her career and have watched some interviews and for me her sexuality wasn’t obvious;)

You might want to get your "gaydar" fixed. She never said she was gay. She even said she's not sure what it's called to be able to love the person, regardless of it being male or female.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf Interview [macgoldie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
macgoldie wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
WHITEJM74 wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
macgoldie wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:

I didn't say she was gay either.
I just always perceived Daniela as neither a 0 or 6 on the Kinsey scale.
The English word she might have been looking for in the BWB interview is pansexual, but she didn't want to label it so that's cool too.

Sorry for provoking the discussion, I was just curious what you’d meant.

It doesn’t matter who Daniela loves, whether she will have a girfriend or boyfriend in the future. Hopefully, she will find her soulmate she deserves.
It was just a refreshing change to get to know sth about her that is called private.

don't be sorry - that's just nordicskier's MO. he likes stirring the pot - saying that he knew about ryf's sexuality because he has "good gaydar," and then backtracking and saying "i didn't say she was gay," and rattling on and on.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf Interview [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
don't be sorry - that's just nordicskier's MO. he likes stirring the pot - saying that he knew about ryf's sexuality because he has "good gaydar," and then backtracking and saying "i didn't say she was gay," and rattling on and on.

You're just an asshole, what's your excuse?
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf Interview [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

Cute, NordicGaydar calling someone else an asshole.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey guys. General comment here on the direction this thread took.

There is enough conflict floating around in this world right now and perhaps some of that manifests on this forum with ultra short fuses.

It would have been nice if in this thread we could have just respected Daniela wanting to talk about what she wants to talk about and all parties just accept it.

Can we get back to talking about what she spoke about in the article and her saying that she. She raced in Dubai feeling very motivated. And then she destroyed the course in St. George. It was very impressive . What a performance !!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf Interview [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Class athlete and today was in a a class above the rest of the field. Totally dominant!
Awesome to see.

Interesting Holly Lawrence saying pre race that she was only interested in Ryf as a rival racing, then didn't really threaten the whole day.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf Interview [Brems007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brems007 wrote:
Class athlete and today was in a a class above the rest of the field. Totally dominant!
Awesome to see.

Interesting Holly Lawrence saying pre race that she was only interested in Ryf as a rival racing, then didn't really threaten the whole day.

Yeah what happened to Holly today? I was expecting a fight on the bike! I asked this in the race day thread, but does anyone know if Daniela is using the mid foot cleat position. It looked a "bit back", but not quite midfoot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Her recent results speak for themselves, but I wonder how good an idea it is long term for her to go as her own coach.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf Interview [BlackStumpGumby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe she decided she wants to live life on her own terms and do whatever training she wants given her desire to balance other aspects of life. In that context of managing her entire life maybe she learned enough from other coaches that she feels she can strike the best mix in life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BlackStumpGumby wrote:
Her recent results speak for themselves, but I wonder how good an idea it is long term for her to go as her own coach.

I was wondering about it, too. However, I do believe she’s gained so much experience and she knows her organism so well that she’s capable of being her own coach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WHITEJM74 wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

Cute, NordicGaydar calling someone else an asshole.

I love you too man.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf Interview [macgoldie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Falling in love with women is easy, it's staying in love with them that is hard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She's rode the mid foot position for a number of years now, can generate so much power from the bigger muscles this way. Very effective for her!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Brems007 wrote:
Awesome to see.

Yeah what happened to Holly today? I was expecting a fight on the bike! I asked this in the race day thread, but does anyone know if Daniela is using the mid foot cleat position. It looked a "bit back", but not quite midfoot.

Dev, not mid foot but definitely farther back. Looks like speed play with the back adapters.

In kona a few years ago they had her bike at the felt tent and she had plain cheap SPD road pedals on it and if you remember that was the year that she had those custom carbon slippers.

The guy for felt who was there mentioned that Daniela had literally tried every pedal and shoe combination on the planet.

Maybe this is what was settled on, speed play aero with rearward adapter.

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/...5/MG_8037-scaled.jpg

Maurice
Last edited by: mauricemaher: May 2, 21 0:50
Quote Reply

Prev Next