Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chances of IM/Challenge races in Europe this summer [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also heard from Challenge Geraardsbergen this week and they said they're expecting the race to go ahead as planned on the 6th of June.

I'm very doubtful about this but also how I'd be allowed to travel from Scotland to the race for that date.
Quote Reply
Re: Chances of IM/Challenge races in Europe this summer [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad it is happening but Americans cannot travel to Austria at this time.
Quote Reply
Re: Chances of IM/Challenge races in Europe this summer [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Swimming European Masters Championships, to be held in Budapest (Hungary) from May 22nd till June 6th have been just cancelled due to incompatibility between Covid19 crisis and mass-participation events.

STRAVA INSTAGRAM
Quote Reply
Re: Chances of IM/Challenge races in Europe this summer [Dr. Triax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM Frankfurt reschedule from June 27th to August 15th. A couple of weeks ago IM Hamburg was also reschedule from June to August 29th.

STRAVA INSTAGRAM
Quote Reply
Re: Chances of IM/Challenge races in Europe this summer [Dr. Triax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And IM Switzerland rescheduled for September 5 (which I can't make), but option to defer to 2022.
Quote Reply
Re: Chances of IM/Challenge races in Europe this summer [TomTriesTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not that it is in (continental) Europe ("Brexit means Brexit, mate"), but IM UK (Bolton) sent an e-mail last week to say that so far so good for 4th July.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Triax wrote:
IM Frankfurt reschedule from June 27th to August 15th. A couple of weeks ago IM Hamburg was also reschedule from June to August 29th.

Not surprising really. Germany is looking at a 3rd wave confinement. France has just started week 3 of a 4 week total confinement including closed schools.

I honestly can’t see any racing anytime soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Chances of IM/Challenge races in Europe this summer [SheTries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Although it is still astronomical summer, IM Vitoria/Spain has been postponed from July 11th till September 5th. And the T2 and the marathon had been relocated away from the city center (T1 was already a few kilometers away).
No news about IM Lanzarote...

STRAVA INSTAGRAM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just read that the European Middle Distance Duathlon Championship Powerman Alsdorf is cancelled.
Alsdorf is less than 3h car ride away from Frankfurt. And the most disturbing line is this one: "According to the German guidelines, sports festivals and sporting events of any kind cannot take place prior to September 1st. If the organiser is able to postpone the event to September, a local incidence of 35 or less is absolutely mandatory.“

Anyone has more information about if is still possible to race IM in Germany anytime soon?
Those "German guidelines" apply to the whole country, or just to the North Rhine-Westphalia Land?
Frankfurt belongs to the Hesse Land, just East of North Rhine-Westphalia.

Thank you.

STRAVA INSTAGRAM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not responding to your post in particular, but - for the record - there’s racing in Austria, and Challenge Poland has been cleared for 19-20 June. (Smaller races taking place around the country since mid-May).

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: Chances of IM/Challenge races in Europe this summer [SheTries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheTries wrote:
There is a big difference between opening up the border and allowing an IM race.

Hey I know you've been trending towards the "no chance" side, but I got an invite from Alpe d'Huez tri a few days ago. They are on. My challenge is getting vaccinated in time and Canadian Quarantines being lifted upon return, but there is racing turning back on, in spite of the winter and spring doom and gloom.
Quote Reply

Prev Next