Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [awobabobob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerocoach rear disc
roka mavic x2
massage gun
Quote Reply
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First real disc wheel, HED Vanquish. On my old bike I used a Wheelcover for the better part of a decade. Got a new bike with disc brakes last year and 60mm HED Vanquish race wheels, but decided to add the disc as well. I assume I will do most/ all of my tri racing with the disc, but have the other rear option for my gravel bike or potentially a really hilly tri course.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
Eight Pod mattress
Some cycling gloves
Garmin vector

How is the Eight Pod?
Quote Reply
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [TriangleIL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriangleIL wrote:
ericlambi wrote:
Eight Pod mattress
Some cycling gloves
Garmin vector

How is the Eight Pod?

I only have the mattress pad so far, not the actual computer tower or whatever that thing is. Even then, we decided to upsize to a king, so ordered a new bed too, which probably won’t be here until January.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
First real disc wheel, HED Vanquish. On my old bike I used a Wheelcover for the better part of a decade. Got a new bike with disc brakes last year and 60mm HED Vanquish race wheels, but decided to add the disc as well. I assume I will do most/ all of my tri racing with the disc, but have the other rear option for my gravel bike or potentially a really hilly tri course.

That's a really good investment in my eyes.

As you can see I got the 88mm Premier Tactical rear wheel. I had ordered the bike with the full disc on the back and have had great success with it. But I did want that 88 rear to match the 88 front for very hilly courses. I could be wrong about using it for that.
Quote Reply
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven’t been there yet, but my understanding is you’d probably run a disc for St. George?

Yeah, I figured since I can afford to have both, no reason to sell that rear wheel. I’d like to do a draft-legal race at some point and it would be great to put those wheels on my gravel bike. Etc.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
garmin 735 xt, for $220, from Best Buy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With Litespeed's nice Cyber/Black discount, I bought a new road bicycle. (After my beloved lowland road racing Bianchi in 2008, I swore I'd never buy another road bike... However, climbing Mt. Evans last summer with a maximum working 27-tooth cassette (105/Tiagra) at an AVERAGE 45 (!!)) rpm made me swear and swear again.) So, Titanium for under $3K! A T5 road, rim brake, 105-level road bike including stealthy logo/label burnishing (no decals) and a bling-bling titanium seatpost. And I also bought a new HED Jet Plus Rim back wheel (20% Cyber/Black discount) because the new Litespeed is the only 11-speed I have, and I can swap over/share my existing HED front wheel to the new bike.

I've found that living now in Aurora (Denver), Colorado and with the right cycling apparel ($), I am able to ride safely and comfortably outside at least 20 out of 30 days a month all winter long. Aside from a different, dedicated Winter/Snow/Bad Karma road bike, the new Litespeed is set up as my climbing-only bike for all the lower elevation, epic climbs around Denver and Boulder all winter. Perhaps I'll be primed for the real climbs by the time the upper mountain passes further inside the Rockies clear from snow next spring.

Great, PERSONAL, customer service from both Litespeed and HED.

Oh, and to quasi-justify the new luxury bicycle, I first bought a Landice L7 treadmill with Orthopedic footbed for my wife and kids. 10% local dealer discount.
Last edited by: markvoss: Dec 6, 20 16:48
Quote Reply

Prev Next