Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday
Quote | Reply
I ended up buying the following items:

Wahoo KICKR Snap - I was able to get the free SUF subscription

Premier Tactical Bike Box and Rear 88mm wheel - Saved $300
Quote Reply
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't buy much compared to previous years. At least in Europe deals were not interesting at all.

Just some stuff from Nike (trail shoes, compression clothing)
Quote Reply
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [anakinpm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probikekit:
-40% off Michelin Power TT tires
-60% off some nice bib shorts
-60% three pairs of "Morevelo" socks

Nopinz:
-Got the normally $350 Aerocoach skinsuit with number pocket for a pretty damn good deal. Got it yesterday in mail and tried it on.....you can tell it's a bigger money skinsuit versus my $75 Galibier and my BP 3.3. Even the bodypaint suit doesn't fit super great in areas despite being a Castelli. The BP 3.3 is too loose in the first few inches of the sleeves from the wrist down. And the legs of the BP 3.3 are a bit weird and don't like it.

Other:
-Ultegra RX cluch/shadow rear derailleur for the TT bike.

One thing that bugged me about the Aerocoach/Nopinz stuff was that the same sock/overshoe item was on Nopinz on a good deal that I missed as on the Aerocoach website.......but Aerocoach it wasn't on sale. Weird. Otherwise I would have gotten that. I have speed/trip socks already from somewhere, but these looked good.
Quote Reply
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo p3x, 30% off.

To be fair had been on offer a few weeks before but I've found this is actually the best time to buy most years, rather than black Friday itself, especially here in the UK where it's not such a big thing. Just seems to be a block period of reductions throughout November, but a lot of stuff you can actually get cheaper at other times of year. Still think we get better discounts in the traditional January sales.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garmin Fenix 6s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought nothing. The deals get much better at the end of the year anyways.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garmin Fenix 6 Pro
Quote Reply
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just some bike shorts in $50-$80 price range and fresh pads/tape for the bike.

I was looking at Saris MP1 rocker plate when it supposedly had 20% discount. I know it's horribly overpriced, but -20% made me think may be I can treat myself. But then the discount disappeared and I couldn't find mental strength to pay $1200 for pieces of wood and metal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Conti GP 5000s for $35 on Amazon
Zoot compression socks for $16 each
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Premier Bike Box (after being sick of taking apart my Speed Concept for travel)

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [aeroyoost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aeroyoost wrote:
Conti GP 5000s for $35 on Amazon
Zoot compression socks for $16 each

I ended up getting some of the gp 5000’s from Amazon as well...
Also picked up a set of Hed Ardennes LT disc wheels...planning on putting many miles on them 😊. Have switched over to the dark side...all Disc brake bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
Premier Bike Box (after being sick of taking apart my Speed Concept for travel)

My bike box arrived today. That I was very happy with the construction and the weight.
Quote Reply
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ask77nl wrote:
Just some bike shorts in $50-$80 price range and fresh pads/tape for the bike.

I was looking at Saris MP1 rocker plate when it supposedly had 20% discount. I know it's horribly overpriced, but -20% made me think may be I can treat myself. But then the discount disappeared and I couldn't find mental strength to pay $1200 for pieces of wood and metal.

Yeah, but it appears to be one hell of a tool to tone your core.

Come on, you abs are worth it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I finally splurged on a Wahoo Kickr after spending the last 10+ years on the same Cycleops Fluid 2. Absolutely blown away by the experience now when riding on Zwift. I’ve had a power meter for awhile so it was still pretty engaging...this is another level. I thought about writing up a review of sorts but figure at this point I’m literally the last one to get a smart trainer
Quote Reply
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [awobabobob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awobabobob wrote:
I finally splurged on a Wahoo Kickr after spending the last 10+ years on the same Cycleops Fluid 2. Absolutely blown away by the experience now when riding on Zwift. I’ve had a power meter for awhile so it was still pretty engaging...this is another level. I thought about writing up a review of sorts but figure at this point I’m literally the last one to get a smart trainer

I always freeride and try to do my structured workout that way. The ability to “climb” mountains is so cool. Do 2x20’s up the kom climb or something. I’ll likely never ride the real Alpe.

I always ride 100% difficulty for realism.
Quote Reply
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garmin 935 and some precision hydration goodies.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All I want is RTX 3080. :( They are out of stock everywhere.
Quote Reply
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:

Don’t worry, the 3080 ti is coming out q1 according to the rumors.
Quote Reply
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AeroCoach and Nopinz are different companies, we work with them on the designs for the top end stuff and then sell the Flow collection on our site separately. The only discrepancy is the Flow Endurance suit for the Tokyo Olympics which can only be bought via AeroCoach.

Glad you like the fit of the Flow Suit, it’s something we were really happy with for sure

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Red Shift dual position seat post and clip on aero bars. Found an unused unopened set on FB marketplace for about 50% cost of new.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eight Pod mattress
Some cycling gloves
Garmin vector

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:

Your best bet (in a reasonable timeline) is to become an EVGA member and get on the list. That's the most reliable way to get one in a timely fashion.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Prime RR-50 V3 disc tubeless wheel set kit w/ tires for ~$550. I am building a road bike from the frame up and needed a decent carbon wheel set. Also but some GP 5000’s for $40ea
Quote Reply
Re: What did you end up buying? - Black Friday/Cyber Monday [awobabobob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awobabobob wrote:

Straight up! Did you get the wheel on Snap or the direct drive? I had to go for the wheel on as my wife and I have bikes that are anywhere from 9 cassette to 11 cassette and swapping out cassettes just to ride would be terrible.

I have done two workouts now with ERG mode and it makes it super easy. I had no idea it would be as smooth as it is. It makes you do all of the work on the ride, no more no less. Pretty good for getting those gains.

The only downside I see is that you no longer have to watch the ball and line in TrainerRoad. To me, I gained a lot of mental strength from this practice. I supposed all of my focus will now be on holding proper form. Which is another advantage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went with the direct drive in hopes of it being quieter and it definitely is. I haven’t done a workout just yet in ERG mode, but totally agree on the mental aspect of it. That was one of the reasons I waited so long to upgrade. The dumb trainer really makes you focus to keep the power steady. I guess we get the best of both worlds now having had that be an area of focus and now watching out for good form.
Quote Reply

Prev Next