Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [tilburs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello David

Congratulations for great job done with Lionel, culminating (before PTO Championship) with the Canadian Hour Record !

Apparently Lionel said before the attempt 50km/h was "costing" 380w
Then apparently said the record (51.3 km/h) was done around 380w

Can you clarify this ?

In both cases it is good improvement on CdA (between 0,2 and 0,22), most of them being convertible to Tri.
Seems now he is in the same ballpark as Cam Wurf (for similar height / weight), with last figure published around 0.214
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually in the Breakfast with Bob he said 390w for the hour (estimated on his internal sense based on the trial runs we did)

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lionel talks about this in the linked video :-)

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
tilburs wrote:
They have capacity to put cones round the 4km loop every 20m, given they are upp'ing the media ante and using the NASCAR resources to provide coverage too I sincerely doubt they plan on slacking on the enforcement.

I'm thinking the early stages of the bike may be somewhat dicey, given you're going to have a pack of ITU guys emerging from T1 close together. But it should shake out after the initial kms.

From a tactical point of view, what do you see as "acceptable losses" for Lionel in the swim?

If they are not going to enforce the 20 meter draft rule then from a coverage perspective a pack ride culminating in NOTHING is a really bad marketing angle. In that case they should make the bike meaningful and make it swim-run-bike, or run-swim-bike. If drafting is allowed, then put the bike at the end after everything blows apart on the run. Then you have a group of singles and doubles starting the bike with the potential for packs to form from the back and try to catch the leaders. Then this becomes like every breakaway in pro cycling with a lot of super interesting dynamics in terms of alliances and tactics, and either a few riders from a breakaway win and have two man sprint, or you get a massive peloton and it boils down to a mass sprint finish. Then all legs become meaningful.

If PTO does do any draft legal racing I would suggest that format. It would be awesome on any formula 1 or Nascar track. . I always felt that ITU racing should have gone that route when they made it draft legal
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50 ish of the fastest athletes around a 2.5 mile loop means significant drafting enforcement issues.

Love the idea of this race and will be watching every second but this dynamic will be a set up for strong swimmers to get away as well as pack riding galore.
Last edited by: Schrute: Nov 11, 20 16:09
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do we know if PTO is going to attempt a decent online/streaming show for this? Last year's iteration 1 was amateurish with PTO commentators running around streaming from their iPhones as best they could.

I sure hope so.

Both the PTO and Challenge have a really BIG opportunity here - No other Pro League sports going on. World Tour Cycling Season over. No other triathlons of note going on. And the most impressive and interesting Race Field in this whole unusual year of triathlon racing for the biggest triathlon prize purse ever!

Doing a good production of something like this takes more work than people imagine*. But, you need to zero in on some key things, and do them REALLY well!

*I've been involved now in the commentary of many top level cycling, running, track & field and triathlon productions.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those are interesting lists, but it gives no info on who is actually coming. I have heard Daniella is not. I am also skeptical on the “wild cards” as it was widely reported that Morgan Pearson was offered (and accepted) a spot, but he is not on the list ???

quote CementBottle]
LifeTri wrote:
Where can we see the pro start list?

Automatic Qualifiers:

https://protriathletes.org/pto-2020-championship-automatic-qualifiers/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Big+Just+Got+BIGGER%21&utm_campaign=201109_pto-championship_2020_lead-generation_fb-lead-form-leads_03

Wildcard Selections: (Scroll to the bottom, there are four tranches of Wild Card selections, the links are at the bottom)

https://protriathletes.org/pto-2020-championship-final-wildcard-announcement/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Big+Just+Got+BIGGER%21&utm_campaign=201109_pto-championship_2020_lead-generation_fb-lead-form-leads_03[/quote]
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [Schrute] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will likely be stagger rule, as it's a USAT event. This was the case the last two iterations of the Daytona race.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply

Prev Next