Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob...
Quote | Reply
All things Sanders leading up to Daytona for everyone who is having Lionel withdrawals since the hour record..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdAJ2AXR23M&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR36_TBZ1zKCOAQhcOhO80CKpOi1yrCPdLQeh_gClWB1idnL-bYpmE11Obc
Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Nov 9, 20 18:59
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
All things Sanders leading up to Daytona for everyone who is having Lionel withdrawals since the hour record..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdAJ2AXR23M&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR36_TBZ1zKCOAQhcOhO80CKpOi1yrCPdLQeh_gClWB1idnL-bYpmE11Obc

Challenge Daytona is going to be INSANE!!! I've said this before, but it's this year's Kona. Curious to see how Vincent Luis does with the 20 meter draft zone. I know the Brownlee's, and the Norwegian's will be up the road, with hard charging Kienle, Sanders, to try to bridge the gap after the swim.
I REALLY hope they enforce that 20 meter draft zone on the bike!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Wurf going to be there too after the Vuelta?

No Blue train if Lange shows up?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where can we see the pro start list?
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CementBottle wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:

Challenge Daytona is going to be INSANE!!! I've said this before, but it's this year's Kona. Curious to see how Vincent Luis does with the 20 meter draft zone. I know the Brownlee's, and the Norwegian's will be up the road, with hard charging Kienle, Sanders, to try to bridge the gap after the swim.

It's funny we think the Norwegians will be up the road - but Vincent and the Brownlees will outswim them by a bit (Amberger too?)- and who knows if/when they catch up. Vincent is a real wildcard - but he always looks good when he does things and I am going to assume he's pretty slick on the bike. He can bike for sure. The Norwegians will have swimmers like Sam Appleton and RVB to help out and RVB was the leader in Nice over Gustav (won't outrun but can bike with/outbike perhaps).

With 20m I think the non swimmers can get there - but it's going to be mayhem and I suspect that the run will be lots of guys trying to run 18k at 10k pace with explosions everywhere. Should be a ton of fun!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:

The self sabotage rant he goes on here is gold. Self aware if nothing else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find it impressive how transparent Lionel is. It is so refreshing compared to the canned appearance by a lot of pro athletes. He also comes across very respectful to others.

Interesting also how introspective he is on his repeating patterns that pose a risk to future performance if he does not remain aware of it. This is such a powerful trait that most, if not all, people could benefit from. I also wonder how he will apply this after his competitive years. He goes after big physical goals. I am guessing he will need to define some big goals outside of sport.

And of course, he is also Canadian!

Quote | Reply
This is a recovering addict knowing that they are still an "addict"

Replace drugs, alcohol, or whatever with swim, bike,run. Once you have that predisposition it affects all aspects of your life. You have to see it in your personality. Good on him

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
Where can we see the pro start list?

Automatic Qualifiers:

https://protriathletes.org/pto-2020-championship-automatic-qualifiers/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Big+Just+Got+BIGGER%21&utm_campaign=201109_pto-championship_2020_lead-generation_fb-lead-form-leads_03

Wildcard Selections: (Scroll to the bottom, there are four tranches of Wild Card selections, the links are at the bottom)

https://protriathletes.org/pto-2020-championship-final-wildcard-announcement/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Big+Just+Got+BIGGER%21&utm_campaign=201109_pto-championship_2020_lead-generation_fb-lead-form-leads_03
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. I even think this is what works to his advantage to accomplish some amazing goals. I think being an addict in pursuit of a goal in a relentless way is necessary for such ambitious goals. To think he got a new PB in 5k and the 1 hour TT in the same week (in fact within days) is astounding.

Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long" --

As much of a fan that I am of Lionel S. I am an even bigger fan of Cameron Brown.

and Kenny Glah.

I know both of those boys will be on the start line of Kona in 2050, not so sure of our Canadian comet.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AJHull wrote:
I find it impressive how transparent Lionel is. It is so refreshing compared to the canned appearance by a lot of pro athletes. He also comes across very respectful to others.

Interesting also how introspective he is on his repeating patterns that pose a risk to future performance if he does not remain aware of it. This is such a powerful trait that most, if not all, people could benefit from. I also wonder how he will apply this after his competitive years. He goes after big physical goals. I am guessing he will need to define some big goals outside of sport.

And of course, he is also Canadian!
Yep he is a character for sure and the whole Gong Show is the thing I like about him.I am not a rabid Lionel fan like so many but I have huge respect for the way he is so open about his personal struggles as talking about it helps a lot of other people who suffer from personal demons.....and there are a lot of those in the endurance world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do we know if PTO is going to attempt a decent online/streaming show for this? Last year's iteration 1 was amateurish with PTO commentators running around streaming from their iPhones as best they could.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Is Wurf going to be there too after the Vuelta?

No Blue train if Lange shows up?

Don't know for sure if Cam will be there but the folks at the PTO are certainly pimping him today..Don't forget both Cam and Lionel are representing (and leading) their respective countries at the UCI eSports World Champs three days after Daytona..

Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i listened to IMtalk podcast with head of PTO a few weeks ago... where they said they were engaging the nascar production team at daytona for the event.

Promised top-notch presentation and polish. we'll see what materializes.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
CementBottle wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:

It's funny we think the Norwegians will be up the road - but Vincent and the Brownlees will outswim them by a bit (Amberger too?)- and who knows if/when they catch up. Vincent is a real wildcard - but he always looks good when he does things and I am going to assume he's pretty slick on the bike. He can bike for sure. The Norwegians will have swimmers like Sam Appleton and RVB to help out and RVB was the leader in Nice over Gustav (won't outrun but can bike with/outbike perhaps).

With 20m I think the non swimmers can get there - but it's going to be mayhem and I suspect that the run will be lots of guys trying to run 18k at 10k pace with explosions everywhere. Should be a ton of fun!

I believe the draft zone is only 10m for this race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is Daytona going to be streamed live? If so when does it go off.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
dfru wrote:
CementBottle wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:

Lionel mentioned that Daytona draft zone is 20m.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [Kickr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kickr wrote:
Adman wrote:
dfru wrote:
CementBottle wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:

Lionel mentioned that Daytona draft zone is 20m.

He should read the current event rules.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
20m for pros.

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel updates on Breakfast with Bob... [tilburs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tilburs wrote:
20m for pros.

Understood. You think this will be enforceable?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have capacity to put cones round the 4km loop every 20m, given they are upp'ing the media ante and using the NASCAR resources to provide coverage too I sincerely doubt they plan on slacking on the enforcement.

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Last edited by: tilburs: Nov 11, 20 6:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tilburs wrote:
They have capacity to put cones round the 4km loop every 20m, given they are upp'ing the media ante and using the NASCAR resources to provide coverage too I sincerely doubt they plan on slacking on the enforcement.

Thanks David for the update. Cannot wait to see this race!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tilburs wrote:

I'm thinking the early stages of the bike may be somewhat dicey, given you're going to have a pack of ITU guys emerging from T1 close together. But it should shake out after the initial kms.

From a tactical point of view, what do you see as "acceptable losses" for Lionel in the swim?
Quote Reply

Prev Next