Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Vuelta Week 3 - ITT-hills-one mountain stage-Flats- Primoz 50/50? [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any love today for Primoz after he got distanced by Carapaz on the steeps but hung on for the win by sub 30 seconds after 3 weeks. What a day. I think he gets a pass for his fashion digressions.
Quote Reply
Re: Vuelta Week 3 - ITT-hills-one mountain stage-Flats- Primoz 50/50? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He’s lucky he had a teammate to tow him during the last section of that climb. Also credit his smart riding in picking up bonus seconds during the entire race. He had 48 bonus seconds to 16 for Carapaz.
Quote Reply
Re: Vuelta Week 3 - ITT-hills-one mountain stage-Flats- Primoz 50/50? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gut check. Losing two Grand Tours on the penultimate stage in the same year would have been brutal.

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Re: Vuelta Week 3 - ITT-hills-one mountain stage-Flats- Primoz 50/50? [FFigawi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FFigawi wrote:
He’s lucky he had a teammate to tow him during the last section of that climb. Also credit his smart riding in picking up bonus seconds during the entire race. He had 48 bonus seconds to 16 for Carapaz.

It could have been Giro 2019 all over again this week but Roglic held it together. As it stands minus the bonus second he lost this race by 4 seconds! But that is racing! Carapaz impressed me on the TT for a tiny athlete
Quote Reply
Re: Vuelta Week 3 - ITT-hills-one mountain stage-Flats- Primoz 50/50? [Broken Leg Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotta hand it to the guy. Primoz has been going full throttle since August. We crashes at the Dauphine, picks himself up and loses the TdF on the second last day. He could have been broken and packed it in, finishes top 5 at UCI worlds, the next weekend, then wins Liege Bastogne Liege (thank you Alaphilippe) and then has the bullseye on him for the entire Vuelta with the entire peloton trying to break him.

During a pathetic year for humanity overall, this guy single handedly kept me pretty darn entertained and certainly took my brain off the parts of the world we have no control over. Serious chapeau to both Carapaz and Carthy. Super races by these guys.

I am not sure what I will do with myself for live sport now...it is down to NFL, English Premier League and Bundesliga now....all of which will rank as weak stand ins for having three Grand Tours packed into barely 2.5 months...best pro cycling season of all time?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

I am not sure what I will do with myself for live sport now...it is down to NFL, English Premier League and Bundesliga now....all of which will rank as weak stand ins for having three Grand Tours packed into barely 2.5 months...best pro cycling season of all time?

Definitely the closest all three Grand Tours have been in one season. I read the total gap across all three from first to second was a bit less than two minutes. I must say I enjoyed not seeing the mountain climbs clogged with idiots at the side of the road. Gave some much needed space and safety to the riders.
Quote Reply
Re: Vuelta Week 3 - ITT-hills-one mountain stage-Flats- Primoz 50/50? [FFigawi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FFigawi wrote:

He had Sep ow him up until the last 5km and got help from the other JV dude for maybe 0.5km at around 3km to go. The other teams made some tactical mistakes in the lead up to the last climb which JV also smartly took advantage of. The rest was all him - what a nailbiter!

A great race, loved watching it this year. Congrats to Team EF for putting someone on the GC podium!

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FFigawi wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Definitely the closest all three Grand Tours have been in one season. I read the total gap across all three from first to second was a bit less than two minutes. I must say I enjoyed not seeing the mountain climbs clogged with idiots at the side of the road. Gave some much needed space and safety to the riders.

That part in bold is because I (along with 1000's of my screaming Covid19 spreading idiot cycling fan friends) are stuck at home and not on the side or Peyresourde, Stelvio and Angliru. But gotta dream on what an extended biking vacation that would have been!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next