Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New DK name [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
triguy86 wrote:
2020 racism Culture is a slap in the face to those that have endured actual racism.

"Have endured" is a curious tense for writing about racism. It is a present-tense existential thing, not a one time event.

Of course. It’s just that far fewer people are victims of actual racism than is claimed these days.
Quote Reply
Re: New DK name [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
triguy86 wrote:

2020 racism Culture is a slap in the face to those that have endured actual racism.

"Have endured" is a curious tense for writing about racism. It is a present-tense existential thing, not a one time event.

Of course. It’s just that far fewer people are victims of actual racism than is claimed these days.

you're not a "victim" of racism... also a singular framing

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
triguy86 wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
triguy86 wrote:

Oh boy. Never mind sir wokeness
Quote Reply
Re: New DK name [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
triguy86 wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
triguy86 wrote:

Oh boy. Never mind sir wokeness

I'm starting to think you don't understand what racism is...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lol. I understand what racism is. Which isn’t what racism in 2020 has devolved into. Syrup, uncle Bens rice, the name of bike races.
Quote Reply
Re: New DK name [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with DSW . Well said and thanks for your post.
Also leaving this thread as it’s looks more like a letsrun thread.
Last edited by: hubcaps: Oct 31, 20 15:32
Quote Reply
Re: New DK name [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Deferral entry emails went out yesterday (which was actually a huge clusterfuck and messed up but they seem to have straightened it out). So who is entered? I’m signed up for the 100.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Glad to see this race change its name, the next big target is a certain ski resort in Tahoe, which shares a name used all over the f*ing place that is absolutely horrible.

I agree it's about time! Here's an article from a few months ago announcing a name change. Although I'm not sure why they need even more time....probably spending $$$ on marketing/re-branding, etc.

@Kid
Quote Reply
Re: New DK name [atkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
atkid wrote:
hadukla wrote:
Glad to see this race change its name, the next big target is a certain ski resort in Tahoe, which shares a name used all over the f*ing place that is absolutely horrible.

I agree it's about time! Here's an article from a few months ago announcing a name change. Although I'm not sure why they need even more time....probably spending $$$ on marketing/re-branding, etc.

@Kid

Holy shit! thanks! see what I get for not keeping up on the news. I have more hope for 2021 and beyond than I have since 2015!

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: New DK name [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait, what? I thought the deferral reg window started 12/17?
Quote Reply
Re: New DK name [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Wait, what? I thought the deferral reg window started 12/17?

You should have received an email. It's been a bit of a mess. Email Treva and inquire: unboundgravel@ltevents.zendesk.com

Quote:
Hello all.

Deferral registration is now open for the 2021 Garmin UNBOUND Gravel event.

And well, the idiosyncrasies of 2020 prevail! There was an issue within the cancelation tool we used, where some of you ended up on the 2022 deferral list instead of 2021. Technology, right?!? If you email unboundgravel@ltevents.zendesk.com Treva will get you added to the access list in order for you to re-register for the 2021 event. Don't hesitate to reach out to her, she is aware of the glitch and ready to get you sorted out.

Those that were not a part of the glitch should have just received an email from RunSignUp allowing you to register for the 2021 event around 12:45 CT. Go ahead and get your registration locked in, or defer into 2022 if you so choose. COVID is still very real, so if 2022 is more comfy for you, that option is there for you.

Also, if you cannot find your email in your inbox, be sure to also check Junk or Promotions. It will be coming from RunSignUp and doesn't always find its way to your main email feed. You also can go directly to the event in RunSignUp and select the event you are deferred from. It will recognize you based on your name, email and birthday, so long as you are on our 2021 list.

This page is for you all to chat, so we won't be manning comments here but wanted to provide an update and clarification that we're aware of the error some of you are experiencing. If you have any questions, registration-related or otherwise, you should email unboundgravel@ltevents.zendesk.com and our team is hard at work to get you your answers there.

Thanks for your patience and looking forward to 2021!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
atkid wrote:
hadukla wrote:

@Kid

Holy shit! thanks! see what I get for not keeping up on the news. I have more hope for 2021 and beyond than I have since 2015!

Now if we could just get Mandarin speaking people to stop saying "um".
Quote Reply
Re: New DK name [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RunSignUp. Makes perfect sense for a bike race. Geez
Quote Reply

Prev Next