Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: gplama - advice wanted.... [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every time I see this thread title I think you're looking for advice on dealing with gplama ;-))))))

BetterShifting.com - Di2 help and guides| BetterShifting Instagram | Terry's Instagram
Last edited by: Di2Terry: Nov 2, 20 4:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did your spider come assembled on the crankarms?
Quote Reply
Re: gplama - advice wanted.... [grabujosmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grabujosmi wrote:
Did your spider come assembled on the crankarms?

Nope. Had to be put together with a T20 torx head

When installing, there’s a hard stop and bolts are pre loctited, so as long as you aren’t ham fisted then it seems pretty idiot proof.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems you didn't use a torque wrench. My instructions come with conflicting torque suggestions (4 and 5nm). I am a prime candidate for hamfisting / over tightening!
Quote Reply
Re: gplama - advice wanted.... [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:
Duncan74 wrote:
Hi.
If your unfortunate past experiences included something like a couple of pairs of 3/4 bib short hat came to near £1500 leaving your bank account (but included some geezer in North London being gifted 2 brand new Dell laptops as a thank-you-for-your-custom 😖😖...🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬) then they do seem to have improved security a LOT in recent years.

I wouldn't touch them for years after that (several other mtb friends got hit too around the same time and Wiggle was the common denominator, though they of course denied that some inside whaaanker had robbed the card details). But went back to them a couple of years back and I'm confident they're a whole lot different now.

Nah, my experience was ordering bar end shifters (mechanical) at a time when there was a worldwide shortage and I was building a new bike. Hence needing to source from far end of world. Parcel got lost / stolen somewhere before got on the plane. Wiggle made me wait a month before they declared it lost. By which time they had sold out. So then sent me the other things on the order (cables, etc) I didn't really need. Double charged me. Took months and months to sort. Was just one of those horrific cases of once something has gone wrong then it keeps going.

Ok, so the little ring isn't specific to the Hope BB - 'any' Shimano to GXP adapter ring will work.
Quote Reply
Re: gplama - advice wanted.... [grabujosmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grabujosmi wrote:
It seems you didn't use a torque wrench. My instructions come with conflicting torque suggestions (4 and 5nm). I am a prime candidate for hamfisting / over tightening!

I should be clear, I SHOULD be using a torque wrench, I just don't have one at the moment. Do as I say, not as I do.

I do have to say that I did my first FTP test a couple of days ago and I'm convinced that the PM is defective. it's the only explanation. My power can't be that pathetic, can it? (yes it can.)

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply

Prev Next