Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
That’s an option, although the question is- will Taiwan all take the vaccine and do you believe USA will? I know many that don’t want the vaccine including me.

Just an idle question, but have you been vaccinated for anything at all? Tetanus? Diptheria? Mumps? Measles? Polio? Hepatitis?

I'm just wondering if you're opposed to vaccines in general, or just a covid vaccine.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
jharris wrote:
chriskal wrote:
jharris wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
jharris wrote:
chaparral wrote:
jharris wrote:
g_lev wrote:
jharris wrote:

I’ll give a story and then relate it to Trump. I met an old guy that owned a body shop when I wanted to paint my car. I was learning and didn’t really know what to do. He let me paint my car at his shop on weekends. I didn’t understand why he was nice to offer the shop to me because he was an asshole. He would scream and swear at me and talk shit. Some of the stuff he would say was just nuts. Others that would do business with him hated talking to him. Then, over the weeks, I got to know him. He put on a big front. He was the nicest guy ever. Especially when I took his advice on painting and when I got pretty darn good, I earned his respect.

So, then there is Trump. Point of the story is, you can’t change the guy. He speaks the way he does and often times with his back door, or frankly front door, brags. At the end of the day, it is what it is. Ignore all of that and just accept it. Then, look at everything else. I think the guy is a patriot first. Google his list of accomplishments whiled president. . It’s pretty impressive considering the guy was being impeached for 3.5 years. I’m currently looking at presidents wealth before taking office and after. So far, everyone came out wealthy. Not Trump, from what I read. I truly think the guy may be a lot of things, but I don’t think he is the political criminal many seem to be.

I have read this three times now trying to make some sense of it. I have failed all three times.

It means, forget he is a bafoon. He gets the job done.

Is his job mishandling a pandemic resulting in 160,000 dead Americans?

Please, give your insight into the proper way to handle COVID-19, starting with what information was available until now. Then, let me know who would have implemented your ideas well.

I will add that, they initially thought 10% would die, so 160,000 is a low number in my mind.

It’s been discussed here in great detail how other countries have handled Covid dramatically better. Taiwan began aggressive preparations in January. See their results.

Just read an article saying Taiwan was hit hard by SARS in 2003. They admitted to spending 17 years planning for the next pandemic. 17 years! So, this is Trump’s fault? Look- USA screwed the pooch, but everyone needs to stop pointing fingers. Luckily for us, it isn’t as bad as they claimed back in March and the numbers are not piling up as high as anticipated. Funny that Fauci claims New York “did it right” and they have led the way in USA with about 30k deaths. New Jersey right behind them. Those 2 states alone account for over 30% of USA total death count.

Apparently Taiwan has universal healthcare and easy access to people’s health information on top of using app’s on their phones for contact tracing. Do you see USA adopting this? I know the latest iPhone update included tracing and everyone I know didn’t turn it on and never wants to.

While I’m not suggesting to be a medical expert, the virus is here and doesn’t “go away” to my knowledge. So, does Taiwan plan to just keep social distancing and wearing masks forever? How do you get to heard immunity that way? Also, being on an island... doesn’t that present differing circumstances? Not to mention, they have 7% of the population as the USA

Wait, the virus doesn’t just “go away?” But trump keeps saying that it will go away. If I didn’t know better I might think he was full of shit. Shirley a superpatriot like trump wouldn’t mislead and lie to the country out of self interest?

Better question for you- if Hillary won, do you think CoVid-19 would have been handled better? Is Hillary more of a Patriot than Trump with less self interest?

This is a joke right?

It was a question. Hence the ? At the end.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
jharris wrote:

That’s an option, although the question is- will Taiwan all take the vaccine and do you believe USA will? I know many that don’t want the vaccine including me.

Just an idle question, but have you been vaccinated for anything at all? Tetanus? Diptheria? Mumps? Measles? Polio? Hepatitis?

I'm just wondering if you're opposed to vaccines in general, or just a covid vaccine.

As a kid to go to school, when it was my parents choice and not mine, yes.

I haven’t broken a bone and I take zero medications and I don’t wear glasses at 47 years old. Maybe lucky, not sure. I’m not second guessing anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jumping in personally.

I wouldn't take a vaccine that has been rushed to market.

Considering the fastest vaccine ever made took 4 years I have no desire for this vaccine if it comes in the shortest timespan it would take.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
Jumping in personally.

Considering the fastest vaccine ever made took 4 years I have no desire for this vaccine if it comes in the shortest timespan it would take.

Exactly!
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
eb wrote:
jharris wrote:

As a kid to go to school, when it was my parents choice and not mine, yes.

I haven’t broken a bone and I take zero medications and I don’t wear glasses at 47 years old. Maybe lucky, not sure. I’m not second guessing anything.

So if you were to step on a rusty nail and the doctor in the ER recommended a tenanus booster, what would your response be?
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
Jumping in personally.

I too will be looking critically at the clinical data for any new vaccine to decide for myself if it is safe. However, I will not be so foolish as to assume that it was "rushed to market" ignoring safety standards.

With the tremendous resources being devoted to development of a covid vaccine, the large number of parallel efforts, and the accelerated timelines for clinical trials being allowed by regulatory agencies, I don't see any fundamental reason why a safe, effective vaccine can't be developed far more quickly than any previous vaccine.

To say that a covid vaccine needs to somehow conform to an arbitrary 4-year timeline to be considered safe is just plain silly.
Quote Reply

Prev Next