Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Going back to the gym? [ScoutMac187] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ScoutMac187 wrote:
I work in the medical industry and specifically in a Covid isolation clinic (one of three I work in)
Masks are pointless. At least the ones everybody is wearing incorrectly are. We laugh about playing the "game".
We have always taken precautions as we are a medical clinic. A vaccine is not coming. Tests will remain inaccurate.

What is your degree, training and current position? I’ve worked in direct patient care in hospitals for about 10 years and strongly disagree with you on almost all points (I’ll give you that many people wear masks incorrectly)

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Going back to the gym? [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

What is a "COVID isolation clinic"? This does not suggest hospital wards (at least not in the USA) where masks and other PPE works. Like Chemist, I've been on the inside for 20 years and this virus frightens me more than anything I've seen.

Chemist wrote:
ScoutMac187 wrote:
I work in the medical industry and specifically in a Covid isolation clinic (one of three I work in)
Masks are pointless. At least the ones everybody is wearing incorrectly are. We laugh about playing the "game".
We have always taken precautions as we are a medical clinic. A vaccine is not coming. Tests will remain inaccurate.

What is your degree, training and current position? I’ve worked in direct patient care in hospitals for about 10 years and strongly disagree with you on almost all points (I’ll give you that many people wear masks incorrectly)
Quote Reply
Re: Going back to the gym? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

If you look at the effectiveness of the flu vaccine, somewhere around 2-25% effective over the last decade.
And the ability or guaranteed fact that corona will mutate/evolve.

And the ability of science to create a Covid-19 destroyer that works with all humans.
In a short period of time, say before we gain 90% herd immunity.

Its just not going to happen to a point where its effective at what vaccines are mainly for. Its a feel good measure to make money for the drug companies. Keep the public from freaking out and allow politicians to say "Look at what I did".

They will have something that they throw out to the public and everybody will have their own version that has questionable effectiveness and people will get it but with limited testing and the rush to market they really wont be any better than the crappy worthless flu vaccines they have been offering for years.

I tend to be a pessimist but working in the medical industry for over two decades has really jaded me to the effectiveness of these annual "vaccines"
Quote Reply
Re: Going back to the gym? [ScoutMac187] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ScoutMac187 wrote:

I refuse to live in fear of a cold that has a very very low chance of killing me. Turn off your TV and get cured.

People will eventually get tired of the nonsense and ignore it all. They already pretty much are.

I go to the gym. I have a gym at home. I run in a group. I bike in groups. I bike and run alone.
Other then pretending to wear a mask when required, my life is completely like it has always been.

My wife and I have the same mentality....we don't even use a kids seat in our car. We just throw our toddler in the back seat and live our life. The feeling of being free from fear is just incredible. I even put metal in the microwave because fuck it. It's my life. I'll live it the way I want too. It's so awesome.

Quote | Reply
Would you be kind enough to publish your name and place of work, that would be a public service.
Last edited by: michael Hatch: Aug 4, 20 14:40
Quote Reply

Prev Next