Quote | Reply
Where did you see this?

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: WTC new ownership moving fast! [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:

I’ve only been doing IM events since 2015 so not nearly as long as most but I’ve always found IM events great. Well organized and well supported. I don’t care that much about swag. How many t-shirts, hats, backpacks does one need? I certainly don’t do races for swag. People can hate on IM if they want for being some
Big corporate money machine or whatever but IMO their races are great. And to be clear, I race more local events (triathlon, gravel, road ) bike events than i do IM so it’s not like I’m not supporting the local events.

I did my first IM event in 2011 & I admit, I've got my fair share of Mdot merchandise but at my last 2 IMs, I didn't even go into the expo.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: WTC new ownership moving fast! [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
mickison wrote:

I’ve only been doing IM events since 2015 so not nearly as long as most but I’ve always found IM events great. Well organized and well supported. I don’t care that much about swag. How many t-shirts, hats, backpacks does one need? I certainly don’t do races for swag. People can hate on IM if they want for being some
Big corporate money machine or whatever but IMO their races are great. And to be clear, I race more local events (triathlon, gravel, road ) bike events than i do IM so it’s not like I’m not supporting the local events.

I did my first IM event in 2011 & I admit, I've got my fair share of Mdot merchandise but at my last 2 IMs, I didn't even go into the expo.

I don't usually buy much at the expo, but i always get a coffee mug at any new destination race. At home afterwards It helps me 'prioritize' the day from the get go and motivates me to train.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Race experience is all relative to the individual. IM has always been the standard when it comes to putting on a triathlon experience. Also with the number of races and their global bandwidth they basically are triathlon, so I absolutely want them to succeed and be profitable. It is very likely that those affiliated with IM read posts on ST concerning IM management (shame if they don’t), feedback letting them know their customers are concerned about their product should be beneficial. You don’t have to look much further than the time it currently takes some races to fill compared to previous years, inclusive of expanded entry slots. IM just isn’t doing it for the future growth of triathlon, and without the growth profitability will be sought be further price increases and less race enhancements.
Quote Reply
Re: WTC new ownership moving fast! [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But is that more to do with IM’s product or just the lack of growth in triathlon? I could have the best shuffle board tournament in the history of the world and only have 50 people attend.

I love the IM experience but also enjoy small local races. I don’t like when IM swoops in, buys a race, then shutters it 2 years later drastically changes it. But that’s business.
Quote Reply
Re: WTC new ownership moving fast! [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not that I am aware of.
Same out of touch morons running the ship.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
But is that more to do with IM’s product or just the lack of growth in triathlon? I could have the best shuffle board tournament in the history of the world and only have 50 people attend.

I love the IM experience but also enjoy small local races. I don’t like when IM swoops in, buys a race, then shutters it 2 years later drastically changes it. But that’s business.

But wouldn’t it be better than just gobbling up races they used smaller partner races as some sort of a feeder system to their longer distance events? Like do so many designated sprints and Olympics at partner races and get preferential or entry fee discount at an IM. IM needs to stop dominating and eliminating competition, what it’s doing is trying to grow it’s share by taking it away from others instead of getting a good share of an expanding pie.
Quote Reply
Re: WTC new ownership moving fast! [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More than a reliable source.... actually about seven (7) more than reliable sources
Quote Reply
Re: WTC new ownership moving fast! [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vonschnapps wrote:
mickison wrote:

But wouldn’t it be better than just gobbling up races they used smaller partner races as some sort of a feeder system to their longer distance events? Like do so many designated sprints and Olympics at partner races and get preferential or entry fee discount at an IM. IM needs to stop dominating and eliminating competition, what it’s doing is trying to grow it’s share by taking it away from others instead of getting a good share of an expanding pie.

Agree. But they don’t seem interested in that.
Quote Reply
Re: WTC new ownership moving fast! [laughable] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of us on this website are semi-anonymous, so let's post some evidence or send the boss enough infos for him to write an article?

vonschnapps wrote:
Race experience is all relative to the individual. IM has always been the standard when it comes to putting on a triathlon experience. Also with the number of races and their global bandwidth they basically are triathlon, so I absolutely want them to succeed and be profitable. It is very likely that those affiliated with IM read posts on ST concerning IM management (shame if they don’t), feedback letting them know their customers are concerned about their product should be beneficial. You don’t have to look much further than the time it currently takes some races to fill compared to previous years, inclusive of expanded entry slots. IM just isn’t doing it for the future growth of triathlon, and without the growth profitability will be sought be further price increases and less race enhancements.

Triathlon has grown plenty for WTC. At least the business of Triathlon. I'm glad these races don't just sell out, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get into IMAZ likely because you used to have to volunteer or be in the race. And it always sold out then. Now, I likely won't get to race so that kind of sucks. But their business continues to grow.

Them buying races happens because those races are selling. Musselman for instance wasn't selling out and registrations was dropping. So the promoter that had bought it offloaded it to WTC. It's not like there are that many promoters in Triathlon. Rev3 contracted and sold a bunch of races to WTC. Trust me when I say that every single person out there is looking to sell out, I've seen it in every industry I've been in. The ones that don't sell out, well how many Microsofts and Amazons are there?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Jul 23, 20 20:18
Quote Reply

Prev Next