Cute dandelion in the foreground. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: The Art of creating a Non Selfie Selfie [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And THAT is why you get all the chicks!
Quote Reply
Re: The Art of creating a Non Selfie Selfie [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank for the instructions on how to do it with an iphone -- particularly how to tap and get frame full screen before taking screen shot.

Would you provide a link to the dinky tripod please?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: The Art of creating a Non Selfie Selfie [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good article. My sister does exactly all that all the time.
My friend, Ray, takes the classic selfie, arm's length thing. He never deviates. Click this.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
Glad you are getting it done with the phone. But did you read the story? I specifically listed the reason why I do not carry a phone. If you carry yours - great for you.

But also the gopro is not only tiny and fully waterproof but it can actually sit on a tree stump or wall without having to be propped.

I've been doing this with my GoPro for over a year (when I got my 1st GoPro). My point is that this method of collecting photos isn't new or groundbreaking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
Actually several folks have asked me on FB about these pics and that gave me idea.

Thx for the article, not necessarily something I would do, but I too also wondered how people were grabbing these pics.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: The Art of creating a Non Selfie Selfie [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: The Art of creating a Non Selfie Selfie [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Thank for the instructions on how to do it with an iphone -- particularly how to tap and get frame full screen before taking screen shot.

Would you provide a link to the dinky tripod please?

https://www.amazon.ca/...1721869755&psc=1

I'm pretty sure this is the one, if it isn't it's virtually identical. You could use it with a gopro too, but it has the clamp for any smartphone. Nothing fancy, but it's cheap, and it works well, and is versatile and you can adapt to unstable surfaces, or hang off a tree, or post, etc.

And sure, setting up a camera and snapping some photos isn't for everyone. But you can generally set-up, shoot a short video, and pack up in 2-3min. I certainly wouldn't interrupt an interval for it (I would set up on a set-break), but I don't mind stopping mid-long run for a couple of min to shoot, I generally try to lump it with a nature break... I won't necessarily take photos every workout either, but here and there, when I can, it looks less robotic than a normal selfie... and is cheaper and easier than a dronie...
Quote Reply

Prev Next