Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is Muncie 70.3 happening? [BevK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Muncie has a chance. Prarie Creek Reservoir is in the middle of nowhere so the venue itself could help limit exposure to racers, family, volunteers, staff, etc. But we'll see how much the state/city is willing to risk outsider contamination at hotels and restaurants within the Muncie metro area
Quote Reply
Re: Is Muncie 70.3 happening? [Ovid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm having my doubts, even though I just chose my check-in time. This has a last minute cancellation feel to it.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Muncie 70.3 happening? [Floating Debris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Floating Debris wrote:
I'm having my doubts.........This has a last minute cancellation feel to it.

This.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Muncie 70.3 happening? [MattyA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To nobody in particular...

Indiana’s governor chose to not allow the state to move to the next phase (which was set to happen on Friday) and gatherings will still be limited to 250 people. He will reassess on July 18th.

Seems like a high hurdle to jump for the race to happen.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Is Muncie 70.3 happening? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

Indiana’s governor chose to not allow the state to move to the next phase (which was set to happen on Friday) and gatherings will still be limited to 250 people. He will reassess on July 18th.

Indiana is allowing 250? Here in NC, we are limited to 25 outdoors, 10 indoors.

Quote Reply
Re: Is Muncie 70.3 happening? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indiana’s original plan was to have all restrictions lifted by July 4th. Seems like a pipe dream at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Muncie 70.3 happening? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

The 250 limit was only applicable to indoor events. He gave the "green flag" to outdoor events; however, that doesn't necessarily mean going forward with an event that draws a minimum of 1,000 sweaty racers to a small town to be a prudent decision.

I'm so on the fence with it. I want to race, but it seems immature, selfish, and irresponsible.

Also, I've never seen such blatant self-centered behavior as on the Muncie 70.3 facebook group...

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Is Muncie 70.3 happening? [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did they close registration at 1000? It looks like about that no. of non-relay registrants from the bib list last updated 6/19.

More than 80 registrants age 60 or older, including six age 70 or older and one guy in the 80-84 AG.

If it happens, I hope those senior athletes are traveling by auto, will be in their own beds Saturday night and don't dine inside a restaurant on their way home. :)
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Jul 1, 20 19:01
Quote Reply
Re: Is Muncie 70.3 happening? [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was registered for this race, but after the governors announcement yesterday I took my deferral. It is just too big of a risk. Odds are it will get officially postponed eventually, but I didn't want to wait until next week when I might already be in Muncie.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Muncie 70.3 happening? [trimike77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the race director just posted in the Facebook group and insinuated that all systems were go...

I'm torn. Do I race or do I do (what seems like) the responsible thing?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Based on your prior comments you should fold.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Muncie 70.3 happening? [trimike77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trimike77: how did you apply for a deferment? The official pages don’t seem to be offering that option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
I think the race director just posted in the Facebook group and insinuated that all systems were go...

Responsible for yourself or others?
If you are worried about others, get a quick Covid test before the race and confirm you are negative.
If you are worried about yourself, you are young, fit and outdoor transmission is much lower anyhow. If you’re wearing a mask the entire time prior to racing, when are you going to get it? During the swim? Extremely unlikely. People are breathing out underwater. If anything, just take a wider route from people.

The bike: If you get Covid from the bike then you are drafting. Aid station should have volunteers wearing masks and sanitizer available.

Run: They will sanitize all the aid station items and it’s easy to run 6 feet apart.

I’m sure they will have changes to the finish Shute and before the race, just wear a mask until you run into the water.

Your chances of contracting it under those circumstances are significantly lower than your neighbour hood grocery store. Just avoid seniors after the race for a week and pay extra attention to sanitation...which we should all be doing even if there isn’t a pandemic.

I’m signed up for the race and if it’s a go I’ll be there.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Muncie 70.3 happening? [Draas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
E-mail muncie70.3@ironman.com. They will take care of you.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Muncie 70.3 happening? [BGildenstern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are coming up if it's happening. I don't care if there is an expo or not. I will be there in a parking lot (or wherever) supporting both the event and the racers.

We need racing.

infinIT Nutrition
Custom Blended Nutrition Solutions
http://www.infinITNutrition.com

Last edited by: infinIT 1: Jul 2, 20 12:14
Quote Reply
Re: Is Muncie 70.3 happening? [infinIT 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welp. There it goes. Race canceled

Hail Purdue
Last edited by: lessthaneight: Jul 2, 20 13:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:

I want to race and thought I was ready but when Clermont Triathlon happened last weekend I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I've had the flu before and I have no interest in going through anything remotely similar or possibly even worse.

Looks like Muncie is cancelled so that takes the pressure off of you.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Is Muncie 70.3 happening? [lessthaneight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lessthaneight wrote:

Some interesting pictures in the photo gallery associated with that article......

#1. Dude spraying on sunscreen wearing a Love the Pain jersey.
#2. Why so many people & bikes on the ground entering T2?

Quote Reply
Re: Is Muncie 70.3 happening? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
lessthaneight wrote:

Some interesting pictures in the photo gallery associated with that article......

#1. Dude spraying on sunscreen wearing a Love the Pain jersey.
#2. Why so many people & bikes on the ground entering T2?

How do you not mention the cover photo of the guy with the pug kit?!?

Hail Purdue
Quote Reply

Prev Next