Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is WTC Filling the 2020 Kona field with more Legacy folks? [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think it's unlikely that we will see any racing this year - not safe to have so many people gather in such a limiting area.
Quote Reply
Re: Is WTC Filling the 2020 Kona field with more Legacy folks? [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it depends on if the postponed IMs go ahead. If they dont, then fair opportunity suggests the validation IM be transferred to 2021.

At present I think there was only IMNZ (?) that offered an opportunity to validate. And that only got in by a whisker.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Is WTC Filling the 2020 Kona field with more Legacy folks? [smithsonjames] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, I dont know. Likely some racing will happen at a regional (for large countries) or national (for smaller ones) level will occur later in the year. I doubt any tourists will be getting through borders though.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Last edited by: GrimOopNorth: Apr 14, 20 21:43
Quote Reply
Re: Is WTC Filling the 2020 Kona field with more Legacy folks? [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
Oh, I dont know. Likely some racing will happen at a regional (for large countries) or national (for smaller ones) level will occur later in the year. I doubt any tourists will be getting through borders though.

Agree, i can see some local races (200 folks or so) taking place end of the year, probably in the Southern countries with summer but i really doubt that there will be a major IM by year's end.
Xtri or Ultra races might pass given the smaller field but who knows with so many travel restrictions.....
Think it is easier that organizers just announced or make known their plans for races right up to Sept/Oct
Quote Reply
Re: Is WTC Filling the 2020 Kona field with more Legacy folks? [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
lmar77 wrote:
Well, hereā€™s what my ā€œinvitationā€ says:

ā€œ This invitation is valid for 2020 only and may NOT be deferred to another year.ā€

To me that means I ether race this year or never , however english is my second language, so I hope Iā€™m wrong. šŸ˜

To me it means If you accept the invitation. If you don't you'll be put right back on the waiting list.

I wonder how many people signed up that were on the Legacy wait list?
Quote Reply
Re: Is WTC Filling the 2020 Kona field with more Legacy folks? [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Bread wrote:
hadukla wrote:
lmar77 wrote:

ā€œ This invitation is valid for 2020 only and may NOT be deferred to another year.ā€

To me that means I ether race this year or never , however english is my second language, so I hope Iā€™m wrong. šŸ˜

To me it means If you accept the invitation. If you don't you'll be put right back on the waiting list.

šŸ™‹ me
Quote Reply
Re: Is WTC Filling the 2020 Kona field with more Legacy folks? [enricobraglia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
enricobraglia wrote:
Tri Bread wrote:
hadukla wrote:
lmar77 wrote:

šŸ™‹ me

Did they give you any indication what will happen if there is no Kona in 2020? It sounds like you cant defer it to 2021, so will they refund you?
Quote Reply
Re: Is WTC Filling the 2020 Kona field with more Legacy folks? [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Bread wrote:
enricobraglia wrote:
Tri Bread wrote:
hadukla wrote:
lmar77 wrote:

šŸ™‹ me

Did they give you any indication what will happen if there is no Kona in 2020? It sounds like you cant defer it to 2021, so will they refund you?

No, they didnā€™t give any indication. But I donā€™t want to think that they could not refund, in the meantime eliminate me from the Legacy waiting list ... all these after I could save his 2020 edition .... this could be a real robbery. I could lose my 1000 dollars but they could lose their image
Quote Reply

Prev Next