Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Things you wish you would have bought sooner [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interlocking gym floor mats for the pain cave.

Adjustable (height/angle) high speed fan. Been using a box fan propped up with everything and anything to keep it pointed at me for 10 years. IDK how many times it wasn't quite right and I was overheating on the trainer.

Parktool style bike repair stand. Have had one which holds the bike by front axle and BB because that's what ST recommended. I hate it. Much prefer clamping the top tube or seatpost.
Quote Reply
Re: Things you wish you would have bought sooner [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just bought a KK Smart Control. I’m adding Smart Trainer. Used it one day on one ride and it took me less than 5 minutes to see what I’ve been missing out on. It will be used sparingly as we’re still allowed outside in my state and it’s getting warmer. But it’s still cold in the morning here. And as sure as summer will come, so will fall and winter.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Things you wish you would have bought sooner [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had the very same thought as soon as I saw the heading, except mine was Google.

Then I could afford everything on anyone's list.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blower fan for bike trainer. I use the Stanley one which costs around $60 bucks. Quiet and puts out a lot of air. I can do hard bike intervals and not worry about overheating.
Quote Reply
Re: Things you wish you would have bought sooner [EricP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An indoor trainer. My training has gone to sh*t during this lockdown.

Be Uncommon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on winter kit and just general garbage weather kit

- And a coach

Brett Z

“Livin’ in a van down by the river”
Quote Reply
Re: Things you wish you would have bought sooner [tanbrett87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-True winter bib tights

-Garmin Varia Radar

-"Modern" width wheels

-All the kit needed to ultrasonic and wax chains......no more nasty about the house or on my kits.

-A hitch tray rack

-Multiple saddle bags for all my other bikes that always stay loaded with that bike's tube spare, etc...

-A MIPS helmet. Had a crash, probably would have made my recovery easier.

-Bone conducting headphones for indoor workouts. The in/on ear crap always coming out of ears, sweaty, nasty, etc....

-A direct drive smart trainer, if you do Zwift

-A wind blocking base layer

-Multiple types of cold weather gloves

Out of all that though...........the Garmin radar. You can't depend on it 100%, but it changes things in a way for road cycling that's undescribable. You KNOW something is coming and can take a glance and hold a good road position. Then, as it approaches, based on the closing speed you can often know if they saw you and are merging over or slowing. Or counting how many cars are back, you may hear one but not know how many. Total game changer. I was a "naysayer" for a while, now believe.
Quote Reply

Prev Next