Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "Shaving your legs is girly" [TOMOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shaving objectively sucks balls though. It takes a long time hacking through yeti hair, you go through a bunch of razors, and afterwards it’s itchy.

There’s gotta be a better way.
Quote Reply
Re: "Shaving your legs is girly" [devolikewhoa83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devolikewhoa83 wrote:
Shaving objectively sucks balls though. It takes a long time hacking through yeti hair, you go through a bunch of razors, and afterwards it’s itchy.

Buzzers then rotary shaver. It does 98% of the job and then I only actually take out a razor the night before a race. Buzzers do 90% of the job also and can take less than 5 minutes.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: "Shaving your legs is girly" [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dope, thanks, that makes good sense
Quote Reply
Re: "Shaving your legs is girly" [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
tamiii wrote:
Said my wife to me.

I did try to sell her on the "it makes me faster in the pool" or "it gives me an extra 5w on the bike" or "its better when i get a massage".

Did you guys ever face this and how did you tackle this issue?

Hope you sneered back at her and did what you wanted. Women don't end up respecting men who cater to their whims. Your mission is more important and several have provided the data for watts and time savings. And, you'll be part of the cycling and triathlon tribes. And some people think they look better shaved.

Back to your marriage and life. You might have done yourself some damage. Go read The Rational Male, the blog and twitter. Don't let a woman or anyone rule you.

Yes you could slowly give into her over your lifetime and might not get divorced; yet, if she loses respect for your independence you're screwed either married or divorced.

Men who say happy master = happy life are deluding themselves.
So be a selfish dick and call your partners opinions "whims" when they don't align with what you want. I've been so confused about how to have a happy marriage. I'm so relieved to have that cleared up for me. Thanks for putting me straight!
Quote Reply
Re: "Shaving your legs is girly" [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a more comprehensive shaving thread she may be interested in

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ridiego%5D_P4302838/

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would ask her why she is perpetuating gender stereotypes and that she is womansplaining.

tamiii wrote:
Said my wife to me.

I did try to sell her on the "it makes me faster in the pool" or "it gives me an extra 5w on the bike" or "its better when i get a massage".

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I shaved my legs because I wanted to and didn't have a discussion about it. Initially I was only shaving a little up to the where my cycling/tri shorts started... but my wife said the 'hairy shorts' looked a little... okay a lot weird. So I shave the whole leg now... but that's how it went for me.
Quote Reply
Re: "Shaving your legs is girly" [sch340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also please video this reaction and post it here :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not shaving your legs and then some is much more girly
Quote Reply
Re: "Shaving your legs is girly" [erik+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
erik+ wrote:
Not shaving your legs and then some is much more girly

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: "Shaving your legs is girly" [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
devolikewhoa83 wrote:

Buzzers then rotary shaver. It does 98% of the job and then I only actually take out a razor the night before a race. Buzzers do 90% of the job also and can take less than 5 minutes.

This guy shaves!

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talk to her about her moustache.

Though the small risk here is that she won't stay your wife, haha.
Quote Reply
Re: "Shaving your legs is girly" [devolikewhoa83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devolikewhoa83 wrote:

1. First cut in the spring, use clippers.

2. Then go over with a set of fine trimming clippers

3. Then use an Epilator

Use this once a week. Job done.

Unless you are into torture DO NOT miss stage 1 and 2 !!!

If the wife complains about your smooth legs, tell her you prefer the German look and want the hairy Beaver back. :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If shaving is girly then those girls are fast !

shaving is faster,

shaving is sexy. (after you shave it feels like you're sleeping with someone else's smooth legs)

shaving is what the fast kids do.

It doesn't feel like summer and thus racing season unless I shave

clean legs = speed and Speed is right, speed works. ... speed, in all of its forms;

(I just threw in a gratuitous Michael Douglas line, but I really just want to say "I am Spartacus" in honor of Kirk)

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Re: "Shaving your legs is girly" [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
tamiii wrote:
Said my wife to me.

Hope you sneered back at her and did what you wanted. Women don't end up respecting men who cater to their whims. Your mission is more important and several have provided the data for watts and time savings. And, you'll be part of the cycling and triathlon tribes. And some people think they look better shaved.

Back to your marriage and life. You might have done yourself some damage. Go read The Rational Male, the blog and twitter. Don't let a woman or anyone rule you.

Yes you could slowly give into her over your lifetime and might not get divorced; yet, if she loses respect for your independence you're screwed either married or divorced.

Men who say happy master = happy life are deluding themselves.

Exactly the first thing I thought. This comes from your wife (or anybody else) and you start second guessing? Doomed.

I don’t really give a flying pig what anyone thinks. I do whatever makes ME feel comfortable. (And yes also married and wife simply supports my choices as I support hers)
Quote Reply

Prev Next