Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Married folk. [Sbjaxny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wife hits the gym during the week, reads alot, nap, does crafts.

Together time is mostly with the 5 kids.

I train early am so it works for our family.
Quote Reply
Re: Married folk. [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife is not at all into SBR. or any of the three independently. she's not into fitness stuff at all, but does force herself to the gym. she's been looking for some more hobbies, used to be very into photography, but not as much. She does like getting involved in the community, volunteering at the schools our kids go to, specifically art and performance things. she also is on the BoE at the religious school. while I selfishly enjoy training for a few races per year, she's making the community a better place. together, we both like getting to the movies whenever we can and finding TV shows to binge watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At first, my wife did not bike at all. She enjoyed classes at the gym. I did not take up cycling until I was in my 30's. Once I did, it literally changed my life as I was able to eventually lose close to 80 pounds. Once my wife saw how much weight I'd lost, as well as the fact that I could still enjoy food, she decided to take up cycling too. Now, I think she's as addicted to it as me, though she doesn't race.

She has friends she will ride with while I am at work but I tend to ride with her on the weekends. She is not very fast, and really has a lot of trouble on hills (knees), so I stay with her since the other cyclist leave her. Of course this means I don't get to do the quality training I'd like but it is so worth it to have my wife enjoying our hobbies together. She thinks I don't like riding with her, because she is so much slower than me, but those are my absolute favorite rides (and I've told her this over and over).

Sorry, this does not really answer your question but your post had me thinking about how lucky I am that my wife do enjoy this time to play together.
Quote Reply
Re: Married folk. [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
HardlyTrying wrote:
Ktri wrote:
We love tandem bicycling!

And if your marriage can survive tandem bicycling...

I recommend trying tandem kayaking. It’s a next- level marriage trial.

in canoeing, tandem canoe is known as the Divorce Boat..
my wife jumped ship after just two years, paddles her own canoe for the last several decades ;-)
we might race tandem in Montana this year but it's going to take some practice..

Wife likes Orange Theory, yoga, walking, gardening, volunteering at church etc.

mutual hobbies are canoe, hike, backpack, x-c ski, travel when we can afford it.
Last edited by: doug in co: Jan 29, 20 11:04
Quote Reply
Re: Married folk. [Nerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nerd wrote:
i recommend a bang your spouse month. Try and have sex everyday for 30 days (maybe not possible with work schedules, etc). It doesn't have to be great sex, just sex. That alone will bring a couple closer. Good luck.

Lol. DW and I managed to have sex once every other day for a little over a month and thought that was a pretty big accomplishment. Every day would be really tough.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Married folk. [runner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Divorced Wife?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wife not into sbr. she does lots of yoga, tennis, core & hits classes. mutual hobbies: raising kids, banging, traveling, laughing at things, good time when we are together (date nights), etc. We don't have one specific athletic thing we always do together. I will play tennis w her from time to time, but that is more her thing.

(edit: just realized i responded to a 3.5 year old thread. bah)
Last edited by: Nerd: Jun 15, 23 11:00
Quote Reply
Re: Married folk. [Nerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nerd wrote:
wife not into sbr. she does lots of yoga, tennis, core & hits classes. mutual hobbies: raising kids, banging, traveling, laughing at things, good time when we are together (date nights), etc. We don't have one specific athletic thing we always do together. I will play tennis w her from time to time, but that is more her thing.

(edit: just realized i responded to a 3.5 year old thread. bah)

actually I do appreciate the revamp, as now my wife fell off the rocker and doesnt do s-b-r anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: Married folk. [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:
Huns are our weekend thing.

Niche.
Quote Reply

Prev Next