Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pimp Your Coffee
Quote | Reply
the french press thread got me wondering -- how do jooj your coffee at home?

nothing at all?

syrups/spices? (I put some cinnamon in mine this morning -- great -- and may add some cayenne and cocoa tomorrow)

milk/cream/half and half (weirdly, the UK doesn't do half and half)

sugar/agave/artificial?

Same all day or mix it up?
Quote Reply
Re: Pimp Your Coffee [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Black end thread
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Baileys...yes, even in the morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Pimp Your Coffee [shoff14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shoff14 wrote:
Black end thread

x2. But I will buy a variety of coffees. Right now I'm drinking Barnie's Cafe Mocha Truffle medium roast which smells like hot chocolate. So I'm not sure I can call this "black" per se.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if it's coffee to drink coffee, it's black. cream, sweetener, flavors in your coffee are signs of weakness.

however...for health reasons, mct oils, vitamins, etc., i use powdered creamer in my coffee in the morning. for traveling purposes it's much easier to carry this fine, white powder in zip lock baggies through TSA than a jar that says MCT oil. you know, the last line of defense there with that too stupid for arby's smurf's crowd doesn't like liquids at all.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Pimp Your Coffee [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
if it's coffee to drink coffee, it's black. cream, sweetener, flavors in your coffee are signs of weakness.

however...for health reasons, mct oils, vitamins, etc., i use powdered creamer in my coffee in the morning. for traveling purposes it's much easier to carry this fine, white powder in zip lock baggies through TSA than a jar that says MCT oil. you know, the last line of defense there with that too stupid for arby's smurf's crowd doesn't like liquids at all.

off topic, but don't try to bring a container full of flour on a climbing trip to/from Mexico, in a VW sleeper van with two Canadians who look exactly like they plant trees for a living. Neither border patrols likes that and will hold you as long as they please even after the test confirms it isn't what they are looking for. Generally agree on the oils and vitamins though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shoff14 wrote:
Black end thread

Agreed. Anything other than black is an abomination.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
During the week - black as the LRs heart. I grew up in a Folgers instant coffee house then doubled down by enlisting in the service where the coffee was a step down from even that.

On the weekends however I’ll often treat myself to either heavy cream and cinnamon or my new favorite coffee treat the Four Sigmatic Mushroom coffee WITH the Four Sigmatic Turmeric Golden Latte mix then toss in some heavy cream on top of that. It’s awesome.

Now that I think about it another treat yo self coffee I rotate in/out is adding the Laird instafuel (dehydrated coffee/mct oil) in with some heavy cream.

Basically I get all my coffee suggestions from a mix of Joe Rogan or Tim Ferris podcast guests and sponsors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like a splash of 3.25% milk (not cream) to soften the acidity.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shoff14 wrote:
Black end thread

Agreed. If you need anything else you're doing coffee wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hot and black. Why would anybody ruin a good coffee by adding staff to it? Its sacrilege.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends on the coffee.

Espresso, usually black. Sometimes sugar. Sometimes corretto ;-). A splash of steamed milk isn't bad either.

Drip coffee aka lazy brown water: milk, cinnamon, sweetener.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hot and black and strong.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not to hijack the thread, but -non coffee-drinker here- how many of you recognize that you're addicts who can't get through a day without utterly befouling your breath and staining your teeth with your weird gruel of choice. This is what I ask my girlfriend, anyway, as she makes a beeline for the coffee pot each ante meridiem.

I actually don't mind the taste (okay, once properly doctored) but don't want to get into an "I have to do this simply to function" situation. DEFEND YOUR WEIRD LIFESTYLE, JUNKIES.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Coffee with cream is my morning fix.

To make things fun, I occasionally add a splash of Frangelico. That makes a killer iced coffee in the afternoon.

Recently I had an eggnog/screwball peanut butter whiskey drink that would be better in smaller volume and in my coffee.

The amount of liquor added to my coffee is minimal— it’s just for pizzazz.

Other ideas: kahlua (spelling bad- sorry), creme de cocoa, brandy. I would do a ratio of 2:2:1 on those b/c brandy is too powerful for my taste buds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
black
favorite is STOK cold brew unsweetened

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I add a little raw local honey and a tad of fake half and half. One of those coconut milk thingies. If you want to prove your manliness wear jeans without underwear
Quote Reply
Re: Pimp Your Coffee [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
shoff14 wrote:
Black end thread

Agreed. Anything other than black is an abomination.

Black.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Pimp Your Coffee [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
If you want to prove your manliness wear jeans without underwear

Already do.
Quote Reply
Re: Pimp Your Coffee [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Madduck wrote:

off topic, but don't try to bring a container full of flour on a climbing trip to/from Mexico, in a VW sleeper van with two Canadians who look exactly like they plant trees for a living. Neither border patrols likes that and will hold you as long as they please even after the test confirms it isn't what they are looking for. Generally agree on the oils and vitamins though!

Bringing multiple cans of fancy Mexican hot cocoa mix in your carry on for a snowy middle fork of salmon float will get you some quality TSA time as well :-)

OP I have a milk frother that comes out on the weekend for some fancier coffee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plain beans/coffee and just milk (cows milk).

Never any kinds of flavourings or anything like that.
Quote Reply