Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How to thank your bike shop? [swim13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll just added that my shop has a shop ride and there's someone that's ALWAYS bringing/dropping off baked goods-goes over VERY well with everyone! This shop also has a shop grill or two that they'll cookout after rides or for the employees during the week--I dropped off a pork tenderloin for them to grill for their lunch--they were super appreciative--so along those lines I agree with the drop off pizza (or get it delivered) or some other type of lunch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
swim13 wrote:
I’m looking for ideas on how to thank my local bike shop. /quote]

Last year, when two of the guys in my LBS went above and beyond helping with a particular issue with my bike, I brought them all 'to go' ice-cream sundaes from the local DQ. It was a hot summer day and they seemed to appreciate the gesture greatly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As someone who works at a shop casually, first of all, just saying thanks and being a repeat customer is thank you enough. But for something more tangible;

- Positive google review
- Facebook recommendation
- Gourmet cupcakes / cookies / baked goods
- local coffee/tea shop gift card
- I always say beer or cider as well, but I’m finding that more and more of our team don’t really drink. Not sure if that’s an industry thing or just my shop 🤷🏽‍♂️

Raf
http://www.shutuplegs.org
Quote Reply
Re: How to thank your bike shop? [raflopez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would homemade baked goods be ok?
Quote Reply
Re: How to thank your bike shop? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1000%.

At our shop gone baked goods are usually done in half the day. Beer in the other hand ends up staying there for a days/weeks.

It makes sense if ya think of it, typically someone working at a shop is there for 7 or 8 hours and they’re on their feet all day. A quick homemade snack is easy and delicious. Beer on the other hand... well it’s not like we can go to the back and crack a cold one while working, and staff always feel weird about taking a single beer home, and no one wants to bring the whole six pack home.

One time someone brought our sales manager scotch for his birthday, that was cool but it’s a little overwhelming.

Raf
http://www.shutuplegs.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just confused when you said "gourmet".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
raflopez wrote:
staff always feel weird about taking a single beer home, and no one wants to bring the whole six pack home.

I've read this like 4-5 times, and I'm having a really hard time understanding it.
Last edited by: trail: Jan 19, 20 16:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a great not so local bike shop. These guys and gals. From purchases to fittings and tune ups to emergency repairs. Even questions over the phone when I have things torn apart. If you have a good bike shop best think I have found is to drop by with no needs and shoot the bull with them (provided they are not busy) I did try the beer thing and only a few were takers. Most would rather talk about family or riding experiences. I have also left reviews (with names and services rendered) on their website and other review sites. This is their business and word of mouth means a great deal. I have tried home made muffins and they are also a hit but sometimes I get cursed because they are trying to stay within their dietary plans :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My guys love getting a generous gift card from the nearest pizza place. They can use it when they want and get what they want rather than what I like.
Quote Reply

Prev Next