Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But what of the variables?

I.e. this device enables a bottle to be in the bladder and hydrate via straw.
- in full aero position
- with narrow arms position

So if aero testing then there's a lot of variables to include...
- position advantage (narrow arms vs BTA)
- aero hydration of a straw (vs bottle out of cage or BTA or whatever)
- time of the above relative to other (e.g gain xx watt of aero over other for what time taken over other (times moving bottle behind saddle or out of BTA position etc)
- refill aero vs bottle swap and associated time etc.

It's a funny one.
Then you could argue getting out of aero to swap bottles or whatever helps muscles or watts or legs and duration etc.

I'm not sure if the difference is seconds or what but for sure staying aero and hydrating with minimal movement saves seconds over any other option.
Combine with option to have better or narrow position and its a done deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
yannb wrote:
desert dude wrote:
I'm going to be in the tunnel in April with a P3X.
Happy to test this if someone sends me it.

It's essentially the same shape as the current p3x bento box. So doubt it would make any difference.

Happy to test it. It's been pretty rare (at least the ones I've tested) on these aftermarket storage solutions products when they test the same or better vs stock.

I have no interest in the outcome either way. Always looking to add to the knowledge base for people

I contacted you the other day about getting aero tested. I'll have 1 for you to test.
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [Tsafur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tsafur wrote:

I contacted you the other day about getting aero tested. I'll have 1 for you to test.

Sweet!
I'll have to squeeze my testing in/around the other testing, or maybe block out just an hour for myself since I have a few specific things I want to test.

As a heads up, I may have a part to test that will require anyone there around the time I'm testing to sign an NDA. We'll see if it can get here in time given shipping delays from overseas.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Implying that they (the internal setup here) tend to test worse than the stock setup or some alternative? Could you test a BTA setup (like the Xlab Torpedo) versus this internal bladder setup?
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [tmwst19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tmwst19 wrote:
Implying that they (the internal setup here) tend to test worse than the stock setup or some alternative? Could you test a BTA setup (like the Xlab Torpedo) versus this internal bladder setup?

They = 3rd party solutions to increase storage/hydration carrying ability. We've had multiple 3rd party people come through with storage boxes or bladders and I can't remember any that tested faster than the OEM or nothing.

I can test anything you want. I've got the things I want to cover. After that I'm willing to test whatever. I'm willing to do 1 run at my expense. After that if people want to cover the cost of testing & shipping we can test whatever.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the clarification. I will patiently await the results of this test. Had you planned to test a BTA setup versus this (pretty rad) internal bladder setup?
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [tmwst19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. I was just going to test the internal bladder set up.

I'll be running a BTA on my P3x + 1 other bottle. Haven't figured that out yet.

TBT I've had the bike for almost 2 months and haven't even ridden it.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply

Prev Next