Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TO vs. Lionel this weekend [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Lionel rode a 2;02, so if an accurate course, pretty fast. Any predictions for the run? I think he ignores what he should do, and goes for a time that will satisfy his fragile ego. 1;10/1;11+ I would say..Probably could win with a 1;18 or so..

Apparently the bike had 3,700 feet of climbing, so to average 27.4 mph is pretty sick. He ran a 1:13 HM which is not dialing it back by any means. It's an impressive effort, but I'm not sure what it says, nor am I sure what it does for him.
Quote Reply
Re: TO vs. Lionel this weekend [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
monty wrote:
Lionel rode a 2;02, so if an accurate course, pretty fast. Any predictions for the run? I think he ignores what he should do, and goes for a time that will satisfy his fragile ego. 1;10/1;11+ I would say..Probably could win with a 1;18 or so..

Apparently the bike had 3,700 feet of climbing, so to average 27.4 mph is pretty sick. He ran a 1:13 HM which is not dialing it back by any means. It's an impressive effort, but I'm not sure what it says, nor am I sure what it does for him.

Is Lionel racing Arizona? He should be perfectly ready after a hard training swim bike on zero nutrition (Maybe he was testing his fat burning) followed by a jog with Brownlee in Kona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
monty wrote:

It restores his confidence, and validates to him that Kona was just a nutrition/hydration screw up.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: TO vs. Lionel this weekend [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AZ is Women only for the Pro field.

Don't think he is racing an end of year IM, from what I am hearing, but maybe he will change his mind. Think he's doing Indian Wells 70.3 next.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: TO vs. Lionel this weekend [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Cozumel is the pro men's alternative. Maybe he'll show now that Sebi has dropped out? Lionel seems to do well in Mexico.
Quote Reply
Re: TO vs. Lionel this weekend [Dugansposse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting thought... I do think he’ll target St. George in May though. There’ll be multiple slots and a really deep field.
Quote Reply
Re: TO vs. Lionel this weekend [Dugansposse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, the alternative was IMFL this weekend.

Coz was always men’s/women’s, but had more slots added after IM South America Champs Pro Race was canceled. Now it’s 3 slots for each men’s/women’s field, no “floating” slots.

Yeah, just what I’ve heard, not straight from him though in regards to no other IM this year.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: TO vs. Lionel this weekend [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
mwanner13 wrote:
monty wrote:

It restores his confidence, and validates to him that Kona was just a nutrition/hydration screw up.

I wouldn't think Lionel would need a confidence boost, but maybe you're right. He's hasn't won in a long time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check his latest video. He seems a bit concerned about is trajectory.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: TO vs. Lionel this weekend [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LS is unstoppable right now. He was 9:55 faster than the second guy. Not too far behind Eric Lagerstrom in swim too. I think 2020 can be his year and I'm really excited about that. Patrik Nilsson, Cody Beals, Lange, Sarah True, Dreitz, Matt Hanson, McNamee, Boris Stein... didn't finish at Kona, but this guy brute force through and finished it. After I saw his post Kona race and pre Los Cabos videos, I have more respect for him now.
Quote Reply
Re: TO vs. Lionel this weekend [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2:02 is crazy fast for Los Cabos. It is a tough bike course.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply

Prev Next