Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zoot bringing back shoes? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
desert dude wrote:
ClarkWGriz wrote:
It appears that Zoot is making another go at the running shoe market.

Why Zoot why? Are you trying to lose money?

Triathletes as consumers are among, if not the least brand loyal consumers in all endurance sports.

In clothing people are very loyal to Zoot product. This is a very limited run, about 300 shoes. It’s a proof of concept to see if a limited run, Tri specific racing shoe can be made economically viable. Thus isn’t a full on return to the shoe market, I have no doubt 50% of people in Kona will be in Nike’s this year and the foreseeable future. But for 70.3 and under, there has t been a purpose built Tri race shoe since Zoot stopped making the Kiawe. This shoe is the spiritual successor to that shoe.

I think you’re going to see just as many top amateurs in Nike’s at Kona and not at Kona. I wore the 4% for a race this summer and had no issues. If you look at all the people at super league wearing them and the next%, the material is fine for sockless. I just don’t see people going away from them anytime soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot bringing back shoes? [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My experience is that my the older Zoots tended to run approx. 1/2 size big (maybe slightly less than that). How do these fit?
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Oct 8, 19 17:49
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot bringing back shoes? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am typically a 12 or 12.5 and I was 11.5 in these.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot bringing back shoes? [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zoot had carbon plates in their shoes years ago. I think they were the first to put carbon in the shoes back 2009
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot bringing back shoes? [Bifff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carbon in shoes was done well before 2009

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot bringing back shoes? [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
Brian,

Danny Abshire (Newton Inventor) is co-branding his new Active-Imprints with Zoot. So, Danny is the one who is really venturing out with these new shoes, not Zoot. Danny has done a great job with these . . . Cindy ran 10 miles in her's yesterday. Danny is great and I sure wish him the best with this project.

Speaking of Danny, Danny speaks!

https://www.facebook.com/...MTU0NzIzMTUwMjM0MTA/

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply

Prev Next