Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Zoot bringing back shoes?
Quote | Reply
It appears that Zoot is making another go at the running shoe market. Kind of interesting to me with such a saturated market already and them going 100% consumer direct on their other products how this will play out.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot bringing back shoes? [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClarkWGriz wrote:
It appears that Zoot is making another go at the running shoe market. Kind of interesting to me with such a saturated market already and them going 100% consumer direct on their other products how this will play out.

I love zoot shoes, it's the only brand I've consistently bought for the last 7+ years. I don't know why they didn't have more fans.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot bringing back shoes? [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chan wrote:
ClarkWGriz wrote:

I love zoot shoes, it's the only brand I've consistently bought for the last 7+ years. I don't know why they didn't have more fans.[/quote

Yeah, I was a big fan as well. The only thing I did not like was the way they changed the heel part. The older versions were higher, so I just folded them over so they would not cause chafing. Worked well, and I loved those. The newer version, with the lower heel cuff, I liked but not as much. Its part of what made me go away from the Zoot brand.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot bringing back shoes? [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an old pair of racing flats that are slip-ons (no laces). They're too old now and beat up but those were my favorite shoes for short distance races. I wish they'd make a new version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Source?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot bringing back shoes? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The rumor had been out there for some time from some of their team members and confirmed on their Instagram post today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot bringing back shoes? [TrierinKC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed; for sockless running in shorter races I haven’t found anything nearly as comfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot bringing back shoes? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They should put carbon plates as well. That's the trend now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chan wrote:
ClarkWGriz wrote:

I love zoot shoes, it's the only brand I've consistently bought for the last 7+ years. I don't know why they didn't have more fans.

x2.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love Zoot's. Have used the Kona's that are 5-6 years old (found 2nd pair on closeout) and are perfect for Sprint up to Olympic distance. Hope they produce a similar shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't try them because they were priced $70 higher than all the other shoes I already liked.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot bringing back shoes? [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:

They were early adopters if a carbon span. David Jewel incorporated that into the TT and Kiawe racing flat and a few other models. And that was going back to 2009 or thereabouts. I have reached out to Zoot for more details, their team is in Kona this week.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot bringing back shoes? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been running sock less in the Ultra race 4 for years. You can still find them on some sites. They have the Carbon plate and the press lock laces. I love those shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new Zoot TT, 3mm drop racing flat, 7.5 oz’s, I’m trying to post a pic but the file is too big.

Carlsbad, CA. -- The anticipated return of Zoot Footwear is finally a reality. Zoot Sports has teamed up with industry veteran and shoe guru Danny Abshire to launch a limited-edition triathlon shoe, just in time for Kona.

Co-founder of Newton Running Company and author of Natural Running, Abshire is a leading innovator in running footwear who is known worldwide for his running efficiency form tips and videos. In 2018 Danny and his wife/business partner Jennifer founded Active 88 Footwear of Boulder Colorado. “Partnering with Zoot to create this shoe has been an outstanding experience. Crafting a shoe perfect for triathlon is no easy task, but the Ultra TT is really something special.”

Specifically designed with the triathlete in mind, the Ultra TT is fast and efficient with Tri specific features built into a responsive, lightweight package. Boasting Tri-Dry Drainage holes that allow water to escape, this shoe helps to reduce blisters as well as cut down excess shoe weight caused by water retention. The innovative Tri Mechanics design allows for a quick turnover and highly responsive ride, helping you run faster off the bike. The quick transition features will help you get out of T2 faster, including quick entry elastic laces and heel/tongue pull loops.

“At Zoot we are passionate about developing the best performance gear for every part of the triathletes’ journey; shoes are an integral part of that experience.” says Zoot President, Shawn O’Shea. “Celebrating our Kona heritage is always at the core of what we do and being able to tie this launch in such an iconic race makes it even more special. Working with Danny Abshire to weave his expertise in with the Zoot DNA has resulted in an innovative shoe designed around the triathlete.”

The Ultra TT is built with a firm, responsive, foam formula that provides enhanced shock absorption for a stable cushioned ride. The internal forefoot and rearfoot dual density pods provide added cushioning and protection in these regions. The outsole uses a high rebound sticky rubber compound with a unique tread pattern to create amazing cushioning, while the midfoot stabilizer protects and stabilizes the foot for a more balanced run. With a stack height of 23-20 and a 3mm drop, this 7.5 oz (men’s U.S. size 9) neutral shoe is built to perform.

Available in both Men’s and Women’s styles, the Kona Edition Ultra TT shoe will launch at the Zoot booth in Kona on October 8-12, 2019. A limited run will also be available for order online at zootsports.com.

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If someone can host the pic I can send it to you. Can’t Dan allow for photo uploads bigger then 250K?! Good lord

Team ZOOT
Last edited by: Bryancd: Oct 7, 19 10:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
If someone can host the pic I can send it to you. Can’t Dan allow for photo uploads bigger then 250K?! Good lord
Everyone really needs to start using Imgur to post.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot bringing back shoes? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Ben. Keep in mind the average age on this forum is probably 47, so keep your tech expectations low ;)

Team ZOOT
Last edited by: Bryancd: Oct 7, 19 10:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Valid. Maybe I'll create a short video guide of how to post photos inline.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
s13tx wrote:

They were early adopters if a carbon span. David Jewel incorporated that into the TT and Kiawe racing flat and a few other models. And that was going back to 2009 or thereabouts. I have reached out to Zoot for more details, their team is in Kona this week.

This is what turned me to them
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot bringing back shoes? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm probably going to try to scoop a pair up, but can't help but laugh at the ultra-gimmicky "drainage holes".....they decided to lead with that for features??? We are running through swamps with these one. I have sever difficulty believing these shoes "drain" the typical amount of water/sweat that would accumulate during a race (which isn't that much and highly unlikely to be enough such that it pools and requires drainage).
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot bringing back shoes? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
I'm probably going to try to scoop a pair up, but can't help but laugh at the ultra-gimmicky "drainage holes".....they decided to lead with that for features??? We are running through swamps with these one. I have sever difficulty believing these shoes "drain" the typical amount of water/sweat that would accumulate during a race (which isn't that much and highly unlikely to be enough such that it pools and requires drainage).

There are those of us who are heavy sweaters - I am like the Irish Fisherman's of heavy sweaters.
I sweat like Mike Tyson at a spelling bee.
I sweat like Lindsay Lohan at a parole board hearing.

I have filled up MTB shoes with sweat during a ~1 hour xc race on a really hot, humid day.
Was able to pour the pooled sweat out after I removed the shoes.
(and this course was almost entirely shaded!)

And I definitely would sweat more and for a lot longer doing a HIM or IM run, and likely mostly in full sun, so yeah -
that feature is actually a benefit.

I still have an old pair of Zoot's kicking around, and I like them for sprints.
Wore them sockless for a few Oly's, and got some blisters, but for sprints they were lovely.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Zoot bringing back shoes? [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sweat a lot, but never needed drainage. I understand the potential need for a small percentage of people. It’s a potentially cooler feature. I hope I’m wrong that’s it’s gimmicky. Regardless, I’m excited about these shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
The new Zoot TT, 3mm drop racing flat, 7.5 oz’s, I’m trying to post a pic but the file is too big.

Available in both Men’s and Women’s styles, the Kona Edition Ultra TT shoe will launch at the Zoot booth in Kona on October 8-12, 2019. A limited run will also be available for order online at zootsports.com.

Seems they are missing the proper target. People seem to love them for short course (myself included - when they stopped, I bought 10 pair) but they are doing the launch in Kona?

Short course nationals seems like a better place.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot bringing back shoes? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

Drainage holes and seamless upper for sock less running and elastic laces have always been their shoe branding.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply

Prev Next