Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I understand the concept of unlocking achievements and virtual bikes and shit like that in the virtual world, as a means to keep paying customers interested and induce them to keep using the platform. But, that should not bleed into competitions where the playing field needs to be level.

Please. Stop making sense. The Zwift mafia will be at your door soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drm437 wrote:

I feel like a 6 month ban is a bit much (although, the season is largely over and 6 months will pass before it starts).

But they took ~8 months to reach a final decision, and the ban's not retroactive. So he's effectively banned for next year's Zwift/UCI National Championship, too. I wonder what they do with his "virtual equipment" when he's reinstated? Is his Zwift account reset, forcing him to start from the beginning again?

Sounds like whatever transgression he committed had zero bearing on the actual race, and he objectively outperformed the field that day. I'd almost feel sorry for the guy if I actually though this so-called Championship had any gravitas. With "power-ups" and "Tron Bikes," I just can't. Never mind the nebulous rules.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Oct 5, 19 7:32
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
drm437 wrote:

I feel like a 6 month ban is a bit much (although, the season is largely over and 6 months will pass before it starts).

But they took ~8 months to reach a final decision, and the ban's not retroactive. So he's effectively banned for next year's Zwift/UCI National Championship, too. I wonder what they do with his "virtual equipment" when he's reinstated? Is his Zwift account reset, forcing him to start from the beginning again?

Sounds like whatever transgression he committed had zero bearing on the actual race, and he objectively outperformed the field that day. I'd almost feel sorry for the guy if I actually though this so-called Championship had any gravitas. With "power-ups" and "Tron Bikes," I just can't. Never mind the nebulous rules.

For a championship to have any validity, everyone needs access to the same equipment. Every athlete should be able to select any bike in the Zwift universe, or alternatively everyone needs to use the same designated bike (aka Roadmaster).

What if Zwift offered a -20kg “plasma” bike.....but only available to Zwift sponsored athletes? How would that be ok?

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We live in strange times.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whole thing is farcical
It’s a metaphor for e-sports vs the real thing; even the cheating is lame

But why the insistence on a level playing field for equipment; in the real world riders are on different bikes (some better than others)
Nike runners at an advantage etc
I also like idea its not the exact same bike; you need to choose your bike/wheel combo which introduces a tiny bit of tactics and race craft
Quote Reply

Prev Next