Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed
Quote | Reply
QD’ed, suspended for 6 months and fined by BC for “illegally” obtaining the in-game Tron bike before the competition started. It’s comical but I almost feel sorry for the guy.

Quote Reply
Re: Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rambling video, and I only had the patience for a few minutes. Short version seems to be that someone used an ant+ simulator to get him the Tron bike, and someone turned him in.

<The Dew Abides>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, he's been hung out to dry.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed [dewman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dewman wrote:
Rambling video, and I only had the patience for a few minutes. Short version seems to be that someone used an ant+ simulator to get him the Tron bike, and someone turned him in.

I played it on 2x speed...but yes, that sounds correct. His race efforts were legit so it kind of sucks for him and I feel that BC is making an example out of him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zwift Cheating? Here's my shocked face:

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
dewman wrote:

I played it on 2x speed...but yes, that sounds correct. His race efforts were legit so it kind of sucks for him and I feel that BC is making an example out of him.

If it's actually the case that having one bike over another is an advantage then that in itself makes it a sham from the off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is this Tron bike and does it give an advantage?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed [Mario S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mario S wrote:
What is this Tron bike and does it give an advantage?
Exactly what I'd like to know. If it's actually a faster bike then lol
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. Zwift cheating, who knew? Can't wait to see the plant growth stimulating material contact the rotating air circulatory device when the whole eBike/UCI thing goes live...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is why this is whole idea of "eRacing" is so stupid. eSports are done with a hand controller toggling switches. Not hammering on the bike.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With anything it just needs time to figure out the kinks and deal with the ups and downs of a new program. If you guys are blowing this off, I’d suggest come back in 3 years as it’ll only be bigger and better/accurate. Nothing in life rolls out without issues.

Online video gaming had tons of issues early on. You could unplug and it not count against you if you were losing and what do you know they fixed that loop hole.

So with just about anything they’ll get it figured out and better regulated.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

This outlines it perfectly. By halfway through the article, I had zero sympathy for the cheater.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so, because it's done with your feet and not your hands, it can't be eSports? What about Zwift's new steering (and CVRcade)? Just curious where you make the distinction.

TheStroBro wrote:
This is why this is whole idea of "eRacing" is so stupid. eSports are done with a hand controller toggling switches. Not hammering on the bike.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James T. Kirk and the Kobayashi Maru...
Maybe he should get a commendation for it.

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Re: Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a difference between an indoor cyclist and a gamer.

Or at least there is a distinction for my significant other, she would not be happy.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Oct 4, 19 15:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watch his blog on occasion and his story isn’t one I’m familiar with, so it’s an interesting watch for me.

I feel like a 6 month ban is a bit much (although, the season is largely over and 6 months will pass before it starts) but it’s clearly against the spirit of the game, at the very least. Good to get it out in the open so they can reign it in before the next edition.

Ironically, there are faster bike/wheel combos that can be purchased with drops.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cheated too to get this bike, I decreased my weight in setting to 120 lbs, to have higher kg/w ratio and climb faster to achieve the bike. But what happened to this guy is completely stupid. Same as if you won zwift race by using laptop with pirate windows 10 on it - you didn’t buy it, you cant win...
Did this bike affect on the result? - No, why the fu.. you care about how he have gotten this bike?
Last edited by: Ksavostin: Oct 4, 19 18:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Cam and follow his vlog. Endearing and honest vids of someone who loves cycling and has genuine talent. I get the impression that he's a bit dyslexic.

He gamed the system and got caught out.

Don't really care about eracing. What I find weird is that a rider can get suspended by a cycling org for violating Zwift's terms of service. Maybe Zwift are the ASO of virtual cycling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With other gaming platforms the users are not required to grind to get the best equipment for their tournaments. Zwift should be the same. All entrants on equal gear, from a Buffalo bike to a tron give them the same.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ksavostin wrote:
I cheated too to get this bike, I decreased my weight in setting to 120 lbs, to have higher kg/w ratio and climb faster to achieve the bike. But what happened to this guy is completely stupid. Same as if you won zwift race by using laptop with pirate windows 10 on it - you didn’t buy it, you cant win...
Did this bike affect on the result? - No, why the fu.. you care about how he have gotten this bike?

Agree. The actual race he won to become champ was the identical bike to everyone else.

This is just ridiculous.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This should be a lesson to all road riders too. When you show up to race make sure you buy your EPO and your Testosterone from an authorized dealer.

PJC wrote:
Ksavostin wrote:

Agree. The actual race he won to become champ was the identical bike to everyone else.

This is just ridiculous.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
I played it on 2x speed...

Hacked YouTube for personal gain

Mark E
Last edited by: STLTT: Oct 5, 19 4:43
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The more I think about this the less I like it. The way equipment access is structured now, at least for most folks racing, is you have to use Zwift in order to get the best equipment, and therefore a performance advantage. If you want to make a bit of a leap, this guy was disqualified from a UCI event for using Zwift wrong. While yes, he did break rules in order to get the Tron bike, I think having to use Zwift in order to get the best bike for a UCI race clearly violates UCI's equipment availability rules. He should have had the same opportunity as others to get the Tron bike or whatever. It's not the Zwift world champs, it's the UCI indoor cycling world champs. Imagine having lower minimum bike weights for teams that do more ASO races, or only allowing P5's for folks that stay at the host hotel of ITU world's.

It honestly feels like this guy is being made an example of to show that Zwift is serious about cheaters. It also feels like they're using this example to force their rules as the UCI indoor cycling rules, which it should not be IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift UK National Champ DQ’ed [FishOutofWater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, he blatantly cheated in order to earn a faster virtual bike.

My question is, why are "competitions" being conducted in unequal bikes that must be "earned". That's fucking stupid. If Peter Sagan has no Zwift account and thus has the entry-level bike, but wants to compete in a Zwift tournament then he must race with a slower, inferior virtual bike? That's asinine.

I understand the concept of unlocking achievements and virtual bikes and shit like that in the virtual world, as a means to keep paying customers interested and induce them to keep using the platform. But, that should not bleed into competitions where the playing field needs to be level.
Quote Reply

Prev Next