Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST meltdown in 3...2...1..... [blaxxuede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ali: "hey Lionel, I'm new to full distance. Am I within the legal draft zone"
Lionel: "Sure, that looks about right, 12, I mean 1.2m, yeah, that's the ticket..."
Quote Reply
Re: ST meltdown in 3...2...1..... [Scotthb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"hey Lionel, shouldn't we be wearing blue?"

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: ST meltdown in 3...2...1..... [Scotthb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scotthb wrote:
Ali: "hey Lionel, I'm new to full distance. Am I within the legal draft zone"
Lionel: "Sure, that looks about right, 12, I mean 1.2m, yeah, that's the ticket..."

Hahaha,I have been watching a bunch of the old Hawaii videos and thought of ST when I saw the group of Pro's in the '95 race riding together both up to Hawi and the last miles of the ride like a disjointed weekend tri club ride.
Quote Reply
Re: ST meltdown in 3...2...1..... [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
back in the good old days when ABC used moving vans instead of motorbikes for their cameras?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: ST meltdown in 3...2...1..... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought of ST last night when I was at Ultimate Burger...Lionel was there and was just a couple of tables away.

I'm not an unfit guy, but man did I feel fat looking at him.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: ST meltdown in 3...2...1..... [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
back in the good old days when ABC used moving vans instead of motorbikes for their cameras?

Nah, that was the '80's
Quote Reply
Re: ST meltdown in 3...2...1..... [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If folks are worried about how close that vehicle came how about '82...Here is the famous video hosted by Bruce Dern showing the traffic on course,the camera vehicles,the side by side cycling and yes even Monty gets a mention..:-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr_9wfBVUH0
Quote Reply
Re: ST meltdown in 3...2...1..... [sneeuwaap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sneeuwaap wrote:
I thought of ST last night when I was at Ultimate Burger...Lionel was there and was just a couple of tables away.

Ian

Every minute I spend watching a Sanders video I creep closer and closer to having body image issues.
Quote Reply
Re: ST meltdown in 3...2...1..... [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jorgan wrote:
"hey Lionel, shouldn't we be wearing blue?"

Haha!
Quote Reply
Re: ST meltdown in 3...2...1..... [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:
Nice shot of the Pu'u Wa'awa'a cinder cone in the background. Anyone ever run in the SP there? I've got to check that out on my next visit.

My wife and I did a run to the top of it. Remember it being pretty neat but that was like 8 years ago. We were there for SIL's wedding and staying in Waikoloa Village and could see that cone from our rental lanai and just had to check it out. Good hill training.
Quote Reply
Re: ST meltdown in 3...2...1..... [Geek_fit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geek_fit wrote:
sneeuwaap wrote:

Ian

Every minute I spend watching a Sanders video I creep closer and closer to having body image issues.

My body fat is at 3.9%. Had a chance to meet him in Augusta. He’s a totally different animal. This guy is pure muscle.
Quote Reply
Re: ST meltdown in 3...2...1..... [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
Geek_fit wrote:
sneeuwaap wrote:

Ian

My body fat is at 3.9%. Had a chance to meet him in Augusta. He’s a totally different animal. This guy is pure muscle.
Met him in St.G last year, super nice. My BF is NOT in that ball park (i'm no fatty though), and at 6' 200lbs i'm never making the podium...ever...but this is one thing I like to tell myself: no matter how good they are, i'm pretty sure I can f%$# up the podium in a fight. hahaha I've always said there should be a royal rumble at the end. hahaha
Quote Reply
Re: ST meltdown in 3...2...1..... [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
Met him in St.G last year, super nice. My BF is NOT in that ball park (i'm no fatty though), and at 6' 200lbs i'm never making the podium...ever...but this is one thing I like to tell myself: no matter how good they are, i'm pretty sure I can f%$# up the podium in a fight. hahaha I've always said there should be a royal rumble at the end. hahaha

I used to say stuff like that when I was 220 to make myself feel better. But 200 isn't so heavy that you cant podium.
Last edited by: BigBoyND: Oct 4, 19 23:28
Quote Reply
Re: ST meltdown in 3...2...1..... [blaxxuede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now we know the story behind this photo.

Lionel Sanders. What a great guy!
I hope he does well in Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: ST meltdown in 3...2...1..... [Geek_fit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geek_fit wrote:

If you watch the stuff Brownlee posted on Instagram from his Arizona training runs it'll tip you over the edge.
Quote Reply

Prev Next