Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What is your setup for running at night? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do most of my running predawn n a rural area with no streetlights, footpaths and 100kph speed limits. Actually find it better in the dark than daylight as I get to see the headlights before a car comes around the corner in the dark.

LEDlenser Seo 7r rechargeable head lamp. - Has really clever automatic brightness feature that adjusts to a set level, so if you look at your watch it reduces power, look 2m in front it goes mid beam and look 30m up the road then full beam. In practice it all just works without you really thinking or noticing it. USB recharge that lasts for ages and so I just charge every few days and only once has it gone into powersave mode. Weighs little enough to not worry me and can be worn without or over a hat.

Pretty cheap USB rechargeable led rear bike light that normally clips into one of the seat post bands, but I clip that onto the back of the headtorch band.

I've a reflective 'snap band' I pop around my roadside wrist and would always wear a light top - either an orange merno with reflective accents, or one of my orange / yellow race tee shirts depending on temperature.
Quote Reply
Re: What is your setup for running at night? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Black diamond sprinter rechargeable. Headlight in front and blinking red in back.

I use the sprinter as well and a reflective vest. Back when i lived just outside the beltway i didn't need a light since there were plenty of streetlights. Now, not so much. I also have a reflective leash for my dog to give him some visibility as well. The roads i run on with no lighting are gravel though so when a car does come by it is usually only going about 25 to 30. The sprinter does a good job of providing plenty of light and is hardly noticeable on my head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stick to sidewalks, assume that every car at intersections don't see you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Noxgear Tracer 360 $40 shipped free for a short time with this LINK. I have no conflicts of interest to report. Just a satisfied customer.
Last edited by: TriA6: Oct 7, 19 19:34
Quote Reply

Prev Next