Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Another convicted doper crushing IM dreams [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you qualify for world’s either Kona or 70.3 you should be tested, same with a random sample of age groupers. You submit the sample and your payment.
Quote Reply
Re: Another convicted doper crushing IM dreams [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was reported but your thoughts don't make any sense. If somebody is doping then I believe being vocal about it helps persuade others not too. Just shutting up and ignoring it isn't the correct answer, as you suggest. I post all the anti-doping and people busted on social media including in our Club. I guess I should stop doing that too?

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Another convicted doper crushing IM dreams [KENNBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KENNBR wrote:
If you qualify for world’s either Kona or 70.3 you should be tested, same with a random sample of age groupers. You submit the sample and your payment.

Such a no brainer. It would only be 40-75 tests depending on the race. Just roll price into the registration fee.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Another convicted doper crushing IM dreams [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playero wrote:
tilburs wrote:
More like the hardcore EPO, CERA and more recent derivatives perhaps just not as easy to come by as thyroid meds and micro "T" dosing.....

These made for an interesting read.....

https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/resources/files/research_18d06xd.pdf

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2018/08/dutch-speed-skaters-warned-about-using-thyroid-hormones-as-boosters/

I´d like to see thyroid meds require a TUE irrespective of whether they are being taken for disease based needs, if we are to learn anything from the Salazar episode it is that tinkering with thyroid meds definitely impacts performance.

I hope they never do said thing, there's soooooo many of us who simply due to terrible genetics end up having hypothyroidism (which is still not worst I believe hyperthyroidism is wrose) anyways now I'd have to bring 10-12 yrs of medical history for people to see oh yeah he needs it... so stupid! I have to put my medical history out there for people to review as if it was a resume simply to do a race?! That'd be way too much!!!

Bit of an exaggeration, you would fill out a TUE form , get your info from your doc and send in to be authorised ONCE ONLY. A life long disease, requiring lifelong medication would give a life long TUE.

I think thyroid meds should definately be on the banned list, there are quite a few young, healthy athletes out there using them to combat overtraining and giving performance enhancement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
He was reported but your thoughts don't make any sense. If somebody is doping then I believe being vocal about it helps persuade others not too. Just shutting up and ignoring it isn't the correct answer, as you suggest. I post all the anti-doping and people busted on social media including in our Club. I guess I should stop doing that too?

I don't think you meant to reply to me; I was all for him being reported.

29 years and counting
Last edited by: Jorgan: Sep 17, 19 1:46
Quote Reply
Re: Another convicted doper crushing IM dreams [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apologies to you. I read you were arrow pointing up to say if I didn't report it to shut up but you must have been pointing at the link attached. Just replying it one thread since several people posted to report it or be quite. I don't agree with that thought process.

How do they test Pros after a race? I read on Instagram that sometime's a Pro that podiums will mention, "waiting for doping control" or "after drug testing" or something similar. Is it only the top Pros in big races like Worlds? Is it top Pros that podium in all Ironman races, ITU races? Is it only the winner?

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m by no means a high level pro, but I’ve been on a few podiums at 70.3 and IM races. I’ve never been tested. I’ve also never seen anyone taken to be tested at those races. My impression is that it’s pretty infrequent, but maybe they are just really discreet about it...

Prev Next