Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What is the best way for me to buy speed? [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any Xlab product with gorilla cage and a bottle with a curved groove should work fine. I’ve never launched with that set up.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best way for me to buy speed? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Any Xlab product with gorilla cage and a bottle with a curved groove should work fine. I’ve never launched with that set up.

That’s more aero than without?

What is a curved bottle?
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best way for me to buy speed? [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bloodyshogun wrote:
Pro cyclists do eliminate bottles inside the triangle during TT stages.

On Non-TT stages, 1) UCI rules, 2) aero is really not that important in the bunch and you'd usually throw away your bottle before a big climb / print

IT wrote:

If eliminate any bottles inside the triangle (if they are there) is true then why don't pro road cyclists do that? They certainly would have the bike handling ability to reach behind and pull one out of there.

I distinctly remember TT stages where pro riders did have bottles. There was a TdeF ITT where Froome didn't even have an aero bottle as he had a large water bottle much like we would use on training rides. Made me wonder. Seems like they're concerned about hydration than aero,

Is there any truth that if your going to have a water bottle in the triangle, that it's better to have two?

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look at your bottle. See a grove 2/3 of the way to the top? If yes, should be fine. If not, more launchable.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best way for me to buy speed? [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
bloodyshogun wrote:

On Non-TT stages, 1) UCI rules, 2) aero is really not that important in the bunch and you'd usually throw away your bottle before a big climb / print

IT wrote:

If eliminate any bottles inside the triangle (if they are there) is true then why don't pro road cyclists do that? They certainly would have the bike handling ability to reach behind and pull one out of there.

I distinctly remember TT stages where pro riders did have bottles. There was a TdeF ITT where Froome didn't even have an aero bottle as he had a large water bottle much like we would use on training rides. Made me wonder. Seems like they're concerned about hydration than aero,

Is there any truth that if your going to have a water bottle in the triangle, that it's better to have two?

Likely sponsor obligations. Tacx or elite only ever get their names on camera via quick shots on the trainer or from the bottles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto the XLab recommendation with a Gorilla cage. I have a Cobb JOF 55 seat, so I have the Cobb BTS bracket made to connect directly to my seat. But, I have a pair of basic, but strong, Profile cages.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best way for me to buy speed? [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
bloodyshogun wrote:

IT wrote:

You have to remember that only about 10-15 riders in a TdF ITT actually care about their time. The remainder are most like just mailing it in and treating the ITT as a recovery day making sure they beat the time cut-off so they can keep riding the next day. Hell, some even do a wheelie on their TT bike across the finish line. In other words, for the majority of the field, staying hydrated during the ITT is way more important than their time.

Froome having a round bottle during an ITT is different. He's always in the hunt for the GC, so his finish time is important. However, the Pinerello TT bike that he rides has a distinctive flare and cut-out on the down tube right at the bottle bosses. I'm guessing its aerodynmics were designed to accommodate a round bottle.

Quote Reply

Prev Next