Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 20 Grams of Vitamin C Per Day ??? [jaime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"And who will pay for these "objective" studies? The Government?"

well...in your country...yes! the NIH (a government agency) as only one example gives grants to universities for research. admittedly, a lot of research is also sponsored by drug companies (as they must to pass the FDA) but any doctor worth his "MD" knows to take drug company studies with a grain of salt (and it is possible to find out if a study is commissioned by a pharmaceutical).

and it can be argued that the US obesity problem is as much a consequence of your eating habits (just look at your restaurant portions) as it is a consequence of not exercising enough.

and it is true that all the studies in the world will not guarantee 100% safety of a drug--which is why even after a drug is released it undergoes surveillance while in use in the market and all adverse reactions are noted down (this is a consequence of the Thalidomide babies). but that fact only reinforces the need for properly conducted research and not "consensus" which, at best, only amounts to expert opinion.

Kim
Quote Reply
Re: 20 Grams of Vitamin C Per Day ??? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's really new for me and actually my daily intake is far less than that 20 grams, maybe less than a third, I guess. If that's true, I will need to increase the amount. I wonder if vitamin C tablets is a good way, or should I eat more citrus like orange? By the way, I've also read an interesting article about using vitamin C to remove hair dye. Has anyone tried that yet and what's the result?
Quote Reply
Re: 20 Grams of Vitamin C Per Day ??? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thoughts on Greens First?

https://greensfirst.com/what-si-gf-pro
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eat fruit and vegetables. No vitamin c supplementation needed!
Quote Reply
Re: 20 Grams of Vitamin C Per Day ??? [danb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you know when your body wants more Vit C? I’ve never known my body to tell me it wants that
Quote Reply
Re: 20 Grams of Vitamin C Per Day ??? [cookany] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy zombie thread! This thread is 15 yeas old.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On top of eating as healthy as possible I take 2000 mg of vitamin c right before bed every night and much beyond that don't plan on leaving the bathroom the next day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting. Dev, do you take anything else during the week besides vitamins and your regular diet? Protein powders, Turmeric, etc? Always curious to hear what people like and dislike. Outside of allergy meds, I don't take anything (yet).
Quote Reply
Re: 20 Grams of Vitamin C Per Day ??? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
Holy zombie thread! This thread is 15 yeas old.

Zombie spam bots do this... Mods delete bot who rebooted thread with spam link
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello devashish_paul and All,

Many years ago we were on a family vacation at Lake Tahoe.

Lake Tahoe had one orthopedic doctor at the time to repair the ski injuries, car crash injuries, and so on.

I was lifting weights with my kids and because of a stupid move I made ...... herniated a disk in my back.

It hurt like hell so I went to the doctor .... he did the xrays etc. and told me I could continue move about but moving would continue to form scar tissue and it would not heal well .... plaguing me the rest of my life.

He recommended as little movement as possible for 6 weeks .... I opted for his theory and laid on the sandy beach in the sun for 6 weeks and it healed up fine.

The doctor also had this wierd quirk whereby he recommended taking massive doses of Vitamin C as he said he had observed that his patients that used the massive doses of vitamin C healed almost twice as fast as those that did not.

He recommended a list of books to read about Vit C ... which I did while laying in the sand ... noting that the Germans prior to WWII thought they had cured Polio with Vit C .... they were wrong. ... and that Vit C helped divers deal with cold water.

I asked him what a massive dose was compared to eating oranges .... he said a massive dose was like a semi truck load of oranges. The doctor noted that the local pharmacy carried ascorbic acid powder in 1 and 2 pound boxes since so many of his patients used it.

The massive dose was 3 or 4 tablespoons of ascorbic acid in a glass of water .... and larger doses if needed unitl it gave you diarrhea then back off a bit. He noted that if you were developing a cold or infection the dosage to diarrhea would increase. I quit taking Vit C when my back healed.

Now I only take a bit of flax and fish oil and a multi vitamin. I am having a big toenail removed (it will grow back hopefully) and have to quit the flax and fish oil for a time as it is an anti coagulant (which is it's main benefit for me) .... my doctor recommended a daily baby asprin and I tried it but with the fish and flax oil I brusied easily and it seemed overkill to me so I quit the asprin.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply

Prev Next