Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The winning Dirty Kanza 200 gravel Able bike of Colin Strickland [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a nice piece of commentary on the race that sums up some of the bigger pre-event themes https://www.velonews.com/...rty-kanza-200_494465
Quote Reply
Re: The winning Dirty Kanza 200 gravel Able bike of Colin Strickland [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great pics of the race on that site. I'm pretty sure this was the creek that I came across where there were bikers soaking in it to cool down. Funny story: after crossing it I put my bike down and took off my helmet, glasses and gloves and walked back to cool off as well. After splashing around in it I went back to my bike and proceeded to move on and that is when I couldn't find my gloves. I walked back down to the creek and looked everywhere for them and they were no where to be found. I was so pissed. I couldn't find my cycling gloves anywhere and I had just taken them off with my helmet and glasses. After looking for what seemed like 15 minutes I rode on. Fast forward to CKPT2 where I stripped everything off my body to lay in the shade and cool off and I noticed my cycling gloves were tucked in my shorts. I was definitely not thinking clearly those miles between 99 and 150.
Quote Reply
Re: The winning Dirty Kanza 200 gravel Able bike of Colin Strickland [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rode the DK 100 and finished 91st and did not have clip ons. Rode in a few packs and only saw a few people riding on the bars, but it was good enough never felt unsafe. I believe it is the quality of the riders that are the issue not the equipment. Had someone clip my back wheel and sheered off my di2 cable from my derailleur with 15kms to go though.
Quote Reply
Re: The winning Dirty Kanza 200 gravel Able bike of Colin Strickland [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brad from VeloNews who shot that, was staying with us. I'll ask him where he took it.

I know the creek you're talking about. Decided to walk it to cool feet. Was half-way across thinking about sitting down in water when both hammys simultaneously lit up. So with all the photogs there I stood in the middle of it, grimacing, holding bike unable to move and hoping cramps would stop. Must have looked like a complete moron because I felt like one. Wish somebody had gotten a pic.
Quote Reply
Re: The winning Dirty Kanza 200 gravel Able bike of Colin Strickland [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Video from the EF guys about Kanza. I haven't watched it, but there is a qoute about aerobars in this race in the description of the YT vid.
Quote Reply

Prev Next