Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Taper for 40k [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mvenneta wrote:
There are a couple Cat1s in Texas that I can’t beat, but have a decent shot at winning Cat3 and being top 3-5ish overall in state.

I don’t think a 40k is long / hard enough to leave residual fatigue 6 days later ..

So...how did you do?
Quote Reply
Re: Taper for 40k [RKW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I won =)

I did a 40k for 4 consecutive weekends. Was able to dial in pacing pretty good, and was confident on the power numbers after practicing it a few times.

My schedule for the last month was roughly :
Sat - 40k all out
Sun - easy spin
Monday - rest
Tuesday - 2x20 @95%
Weds - 5x5 @105%
Thurs - rest
Fri - an hour @ 200w
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mvenneta wrote:
I won =)

I did a 40k for 4 consecutive weekends. Was able to dial in pacing pretty good, and was confident on the power numbers after practicing it a few times.

My schedule for the last month was roughly :
Sat - 40k all out
Sun - easy spin
Monday - rest
Tuesday - 2x20 @95%
Weds - 5x5 @105%
Thurs - rest
Fri - an hour @ 200w

Bib #?
Quote Reply
Re: Taper for 40k [RKW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats! Did you post up in the topic about "your last race speed/power/equipment"?

I'm going to do a regional TT thing next month. Going to get my clock cleaned, but it's my first ever "real" TT. I've done club stuff and the timed "fun ride" time trials. It'll be good to get into the zone and see what it's about.

It's a 40k also.

I've started to only ride the TT bike. Your plan seems pretty logical.

I kind of have an idea on pacing already for it, as I recently did a duathlon with an 18mi bike leg and I paced it damn near perfect. About 10 watts more and those extra maybe 15 min or so would have been just about right for a 40k TT.

I'm still new enough to it, it's mostly about adapting road power to TT bike. I'm down about 20w versus road. My SS workout power for road is like 260w for an hour, TT bike it is only 240w. Road may be closer to 270w now, so maybe worse even for TT.

I just like being able to go fast, alone. When you pass the local A group ride when out for a TT spin........that's fun.

More triathlon folks should do it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mvenneta wrote:
I won =)

Awesome!

Can we see a race report?
Quote Reply

Prev Next