Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best IM for families [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely Whistler. There is just so much to do, and lodging is easy. Being your MTB and play in the bike park after the race, if you're into that sort of thing. Never found a decent restaurant in Whistler, however.

I'll also add St. G to the list. Yes, it's only a half, but spectacular location and great hiking.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Best IM for families [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chattanooga is very family friendly.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven’t don’t IMMT because it conflicts with our school schedule. But the resort area is famous for being generally amazing.

My family loved Lake Placid for the vacation resort area. I loved the race.

Chattanooga was okay but it was a very fast trip. My family prefers summer races.

However - surprisingly they loved the race venue of a Panama City Beach. It was annoying for them to get there for a Saturday race. They flew to Tallahassee and rented a car. There is nothing to do there except the beach. But they said it was super easy for them to manage on race day. I don’t quite understand it because I was racing. Still my family really liked PCB.

HTH
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kona
Quote Reply
Re: Best IM for families [1poseur1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've kind of been in IM "retirement" mode for about a decade bc of family and work. But I did Wisconsin twice and as long as it hasn't changed since 06 the race itself is great for spectating. My wife was able to take the bus out to see me twice on the bike and the run course is set up to easily be able to jump around to cheer as well. They feel of the town is great, lots to do to kill time during the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Best IM for families [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
I'll reiterate the IMMT love - I've raced there four times (2x 70.3 and 2x 140.6). It's a great venue, especially if you stay in the village - then you can park your car for the duration and walk to everything. There are a ton of activities to do there. When I raced my kids were very young, but I'd definitely go back again as they are getting a bit older (currently 6 and 2 1/2). One thing to be a bit mindful of is the weather - for the first IM I did there (2013) it was pretty chilly on race morning and the second IM (2015) was hot and humid.

I should have mentioned this as well.....-WAY- better if you stay in the 'pedestrian village'. Right in the middle of everything, 2 minute walk from any of the hotels to body marking and transition.
Within the village you have kids bungee jump thing, rock wall, luge carts, hiking, lake right next to village, restaurants, etc. They have an activities section on their website (tremblant resort site, not the ironman site).
Quote Reply

Prev Next