Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Opening Day [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Cubs win!

I predict many more of that headline.

Yes sir!

I once again put the only Cubs W flag up in Moscow, Idaho yesterday. She's blowing in the wind proudly this morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Opening Day [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
I'm already tired of baseball.
Do you live in Florida? Between the Devil Rays and Marlins, MLB sure has a tough time connecting with fans there.

"In an effort to make Rays games look less depressing, the team reduced the capacity this season to 25,025. And they still struggled to sell that out on Opening Day. The result was the saddest Game 1 crowd we'll see this season."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/the-tampa-bay-rays-had-the-saddest-opening-day-sellout/ar-BBVm6Bg

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Opening Day [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never been to a game there but know people who have that say it is an awful facility. The tough part is for the past 10 years going back to the Joe Maddon era they have generally been a fun team to watch and have a way of developing good young talent that ultimately leave for greener pastures. Frustrating for their fan base but also hard to say if a new stadium would (literally) change the teams fortunes where the Marlins still can't draw well since moving to their new ballpark a few years back.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Opening Day [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
Nobody does opening day like Cincinnati. It truly is a holiday here. 150 year anniversary of the first professional team.

Reds win, wire to wire baby!
Just like 1990!
Quote Reply
Re: Opening Day [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
I've never been to a game there but know people who have that say it is an awful facility. The tough part is for the past 10 years going back to the Joe Maddon era they have generally been a fun team to watch and have a way of developing good young talent that ultimately leave for greener pastures. Frustrating for their fan base but also hard to say if a new stadium would (literally) change the teams fortunes where the Marlins still can't draw well since moving to their new ballpark a few years back.
They should just move to their spring training park across town. It's a great venue, and seats just over 7000. Which, for TB, sounds about right.
Quote Reply

Prev Next