Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Slowtwitch plug in newest Lionel video [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
What would be the purpose of your thoughtful and creative critique?

I bet Lionel would be able to turn around his swim overnight.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch plug in newest Lionel video [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
Slowtwitch mentioned

https://www.youtube.com/...=youtu.be&t=1165

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRfKdNxIOcQ

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Last edited by: bluestacks867: Mar 2, 19 9:19
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch plug in newest Lionel video [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So that only shows the people who clicked on the link from slowtwitch.com. Not exactly a true depiction of those of us on here that watch videos as I’m sure most just go straight to YouTube.com after seeing an Instagram post/story from you or Lionel. So the analytics are skewed.

I do have some feedback for you and it’s not about Lionel. The latest Gwen video was “meh”. It was about nothing. I want hear from “Gwen the athlete” and her struggles through training/racing. What did she learn from a Chicago? What went wrong in a Chicago? What changes are being made for this year? I might be the only one but I’ve grown tiresome on hearing from “Gwen the mom”. I get that being a mom is very important to her and her #1 priority..... which is great. But I’m not watching to hear about Stanley.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch plug in newest Lionel video [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm gonna guess that based on whom her sponsors are...a man is not necessarily her target demo...

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Debatable on feedback from the people here. One thing I have learned is no matter what people will complain on ST. ST is a place where if you gave every user a new 2017 Trek Speed Concept 90% of the people would take the bike and walk away and 10% would complain because its not a 2019.

As far as feedback I get feedback from an employee at youtube that I know and reviews the content we post with analytics. I have talked with Casey Niesat and got feedback and a breakdown from him, feedback from Danny Duncan another successful YouTuber and then the people who directly reach out to me for feedback.

As far as your comment about benefiting from slow-twitch Lionel alone had 2,722,367 views over the last 365 days on his youtube channel. ST can only accredit for 6,383 of those views. To be exact thats 0.23% of . the views. :)

I do love slow twitch but they 99% of the people here have no idea how to run a youtube account / social media account and generate content that people watch. Usualy anyone with feedback positive or negative will reach-out. Also we review insights and analytics every quarter on all channels. I come here to waste time when im sitting in an airport or traveling. ;)

IMHO and I say that with all due respect, this post shows that you are the one who has no idea how to run a social media account.

You say that people here will complain no matter what? Well my friend, as far as I know that's life exactly. No matter what you do, you will NEVER make everyone happy, and since social media and discussion forums are based on interactions, people will let you know their opinions. If that's something you can't handle, and there's nothing wrong with that, then don't make a business out of being a content generator/"public" persona.

I generally really like your content and think that the sport greatly benefits from you (just like you benefit from the sport), but lately you sound like such a crybaby whenever people say something negative. You don't get to come here and act like you're doing us a favor by making videos and therefore is entitled to only compliments.

I run a business as well, like many here, and I also get a lot of criticism from clients. That's life. You put your face out there, you better be ready to handle some slaps.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch plug in newest Lionel video [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh I never once said I don’t like feedback. lol I just think there is nothing but people who hide behind a keyboard on here. I love 90% of the people on here they give incredible feedback. They message me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter all the time about videos about music ect.

Like a said before if you have feedback text me call me email me.

405-626-2816

As far as social media and don’t know how run accounts could you explain a little more? Over this next year I will actually be transitioning out of triathlon and picking up a client in Golf as well as CrossFit and football.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch plug in newest Lionel video [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vittorio wrote:
talbotcox wrote:
Debatable on feedback from the people here. One thing I have learned is no matter what people will complain on ST. ST is a place where if you gave every user a new 2017 Trek Speed Concept 90% of the people would take the bike and walk away and 10% would complain because its not a 2019.

As far as feedback I get feedback from an employee at youtube that I know and reviews the content we post with analytics. I have talked with Casey Niesat and got feedback and a breakdown from him, feedback from Danny Duncan another successful YouTuber and then the people who directly reach out to me for feedback.

As far as your comment about benefiting from slow-twitch Lionel alone had 2,722,367 views over the last 365 days on his youtube channel. ST can only accredit for 6,383 of those views. To be exact thats 0.23% of . the views. :)

I do love slow twitch but they 99% of the people here have no idea how to run a youtube account / social media account and generate content that people watch. Usualy anyone with feedback positive or negative will reach-out. Also we review insights and analytics every quarter on all channels. I come here to waste time when im sitting in an airport or traveling. ;)

IMHO and I say that with all due respect, this post shows that you are the one who has no idea how to run a social media account.

You say that people here will complain no matter what? Well my friend, as far as I know that's life exactly. No matter what you do, you will NEVER make everyone happy, and since social media and discussion forums are based on interactions, people will let you know their opinions. If that's something you can't handle, and there's nothing wrong with that, then don't make a business out of being a content generator/"public" persona.

I generally really like your content and think that the sport greatly benefits from you (just like you benefit from the sport), but lately you sound like such a crybaby whenever people say something negative. You don't get to come here and act like you're doing us a favor by making videos and therefore is entitled to only compliments.

I run a business as well, like many here, and I also get a lot of criticism from clients. That's life. You put your face out there, you better be ready to handle some slaps.

And this, my friends, is a perfect example of what Lionel was talking about.

Carry on..

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's good to hear.

I think a lot of content generators rationalize that they don't need to cope with the harsh YT comments because they're providing "free" content and therefore the viewers shouldn't complain. The obvious misunderstanding here is that although the viewers are not your direct revenue stream because you don't charge them, they are the ones who enable you to get advertisers etc.

I think you have a phenomenal platform here on ST that most YouTube guys don't - the feedback here is 1000% better than those provided on the video comments and basically you are able to have a relatively civilized group chat with your audience at zero cost.

I have been involved with golf for a long time, would gladly help out with ideas if you want.

All the best!
Quote Reply

Prev Next